Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Park Slope : Real Estate Advice

  • All127
  • Local Info21
  • Home Buying30
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions10

Activity 67
Sat Jun 14, 2014
Scott Godzyk answered:
A buyer will usually make their offer contingent upon a satisfactory home inspection within 7 to 10 days of the contract date. Therefore the inspection is done after the offer is accepted. With bank owned homes and short sales where you may not be able to renegotiate repairs after your initial offers, some buyers choose to have a brief inspection before making an offer to deduct for any problems in their initial offer. Having a good buyer broker can assist you through each step of the buying process. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 4, 2012
Connie Mitchell answered:
Ebay and Craig's list! If I can't sell it on Craig's list locally then I turn to Ebay. Somewhere someone will want what you are peddling!
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 16, 2013
Lisa Vargas answered:
Hi Jamie. Feel free to contact us here at 718-633-3194 Rapid Realty - Windsor Terrace. You can speak with any one of our agents. See if we can help you out. Talk to you soon.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 12, 2012
Katriel Calderon answered:
I noticed you're in park slope, I live and work in the area, feel free to contact me.
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Fri May 11, 2012
Michael Dvorkin / Brian Mukerjee answered:
It is difficult to say with out seeing the property.
What is the condition?
If you like we can schedule an appointment for a free market analysis.
My number is 917-334-8990.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 10, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Since no link is visible, consider visiting the area more than once and at different times times of day, see all firsthand; possibly chat with with locals/neighbors...
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 13, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Are you purchasing or renting---If purchasing with a mortgage be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously, therefore visit with any licensed loan officer to determine qualification; also choose an agent to work with, he/she will be your best guide. If you are renting, again, choose an agent to work with, he/she can provide suitable listings, any necessary information, schedule showings, etc. You can also locate some area agents under the find a pro tab.

... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 16, 2012
M answered:
Park Slope, Windor Terrace, Carroll Gardens, Down Town Brooklyn, by the Alantic Avenue Terminal. If you have any more questions feel free to email me directly @ thanks and good luck with the search! ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon May 14, 2012
Angela Nelson answered:
You can email me and i will assist you.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Why not consider contacting any local licensed contractor(s) and ask for free estimates...
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 28, 2011
Julie Thum answered:
Call Frank Tamayo of Metlife Home Loans-Appel, Evans Tamayo & Bach Mortgage Consultants@ 212-413-4548. I've been doing business with him for 10 years & he's the best there is. He also has a Park Slope office. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 11, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Much will depend on exact location, property size, condition, upgrades, etc., if looking to buy or sell, do review comps with your agent--recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, then make a determination on price... ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 23, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Keep in mind that most owners would rather sell outright than enter into a lease option to buy--you can consider working with any local agent, also check local print media, for by owner properties--if you haven't done so yet, visit with any qualified loan officer and have him/her review your financials, credit, etc., and see if you qualify for a loan in order to purchase outright.... ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 13, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Keep in mind that when it comes to co-ops, finding a lease with the option to buy could prove to be a long shot--board approval is necessary for renting and many complexes don't allow rentals, or only allow a certain percentage of units within the complex, boards have their own financial requirements that need to be met, each complex is different, etc.; have you visited with any qualified loan officer yet--if not, consider the idea, maybe you can qualify to buy outright--also consider working with any local agent. Since renting with the option to buy could be risky, do consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate beforehand and inform yourself well. ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 28, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
There are several types of financing available out there, your best bet should be to meet with a local and trusted mortgage broker, they will assess your fiancnial situation and what you would like to purchase and tell you what programs are available including price range, rates and down payment amount. Try and avoid sending finacials by email and stay away from internet lenders. A local loan officer will be your best bet to get information. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 22, 2010
Charles D'Alessandro Sr answered:
Hello Chris Semoglou , Real estate is always a good investment of the long term. As far as buying a multifamily home as long as you make an educated decision and are prepared to be a land lord it can be good.

If you are looking for a home in Brooklyn I would love to help call me at 718-253-9600 or email me at
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 11, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
If you don't have an agent, now is the time to call a few Realty offices, interview a couple of agents and choose the one you like best. He/she will guide you best, as far as pricing, comparables sales, showings,etc.

... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 28, 2012
Barbara Ann Rogers answered:
Your best bet is to find a two family house, currently used as a two family (as opposed to those zoned for 2 families but used as one), to be delivered vacant. Assuming that the house is in good enough condition, you could all then move right in.

Most two-family houses in the Park Slope area, as I'm sure you've seen, however, do not consist of two equal-sized dwellings; generally they are configured as an owner's triplex and a garden rental.

Additionally, the legal and financial considerations in such a purchase are much more complex than the standard individual purchase scenario and many sellers would rather accept an offer from one qualified party than from joint purchasers. In order to make sure that your offer receives consideration from a seller, you should first get all ownership agreements and mortgage pre-approval in writing. Begin by talking to an attorney and a mortgage broker or banker and then meet with a real estate agent to carefully go over how to best position your offer.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4
Search Advice