Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

General Area in Park Forest : Real Estate Advice

  • All44
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying19
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 1
Thu Apr 12, 2012
Anthony Cavalea answered:
Sounds like you are borrowing the money and you are trying to find a way to pay for the repairs after you purchase. A lender is unlikely to allow this. Usually, the most you are allowed to get back is 3%. But there are loan programs that can allow for repairs by putting the repair money in escrow, as long as the property value will be worth it when repairs are all compete. Check into an FHA 203K loan. It can be cumbersome to get all the bids in place, but it will accomplish what you are trying to do. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
General Area in Park Forest Zip Codes