Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Palmdale : Real Estate Advice

  • All339
  • Local Info43
  • Home Buying106
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions13

Activity 155
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Tamara Stoebe answered:
Hello ceicei51 -

Great question - and very difficult to answer. When pricing a mobile home - you need to take into consideration the following:

1. Location - zip code / park
2. Current condition of the home

Can you share the park information? Best of luck - and I'd really enjoy working with you.

Tamara Stoebe, REALTOR/Notary
DRE License #01827461
Prudential Troth REALTORS
1801 W. Ave. K
Lancaster, CA 93534
(661) 466-6849
Fax (661) 422-3006
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Apr 30, 2013
Nancy Villasenor answered:
Good Evening Susan,

I would highly recommend looking at the properties personally. There are two homes that are currently on the market in that same community. Please let me know if you would like to set up a time for viewing.

Nancy Villasenor
Broker Associate, Team Leader
Nancy Villasenor & Associates
RE/MAX of Santa Clarita
25101 The Old Road
Santa Clarita CA 91381
Direct (661) 945-7200
Office (661) 284-5095
Fax (866) 519-2179
Broker License #01433438
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 17, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
In California, the "usual" is the SELLER pays Owner's Title Policy, Transfer Tax and Half of the Escrow Fee. The BUYER pays the Lender's Title Policy, the Recording Fee and Half of the Escrow fee.
Once again, everything is negotiable.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 22, 2013
Maria Gilda Racelis answered:
The report revelead wood-boring or termite infestation.
The buyer asked the seller to remediate the problem.

The seller got an estimate and the wrong estimate was presented to the buyer. The buyer accepted the resolution to the problem in the form of a credit in lieu of getting it treated.

If the both parties had known the actual amount involved, would they still come into an agreement?

The problem here is not who should be responsible but how to settle this AMICABLY outside of closing.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 22, 2013
Nancy Villasenor answered:
Good Afternoon,

The best thing to do is speak with a lender first. So you may find out amount of payment and the amount you can qualify for. Please let me know if you would like a recommendation. I work with very good lenders.

Nancy Villasenor, Broker Associate
RE/MAX of Santa Clarita
25101 The Old Road
Santa Clarita, CA 91381
(661) 945-7200 Direct
(661) 284-5095 Office
(866) 519-2179 Fax
Broker License 01433438
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 21, 2013
Keith Jean-Pierre answered:
As per the MLS it is still available unless they have not changed it in the computer or records. You can reach out to the listing broker at Shorewood Realtors, Inc (310)376-8021. Best of luck! ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 28, 2013
River Rock answered:
I would check out the Find a Pro feature for your area. Great directory tool Trulia offers.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 19, 2013
Rebecca Marvel answered:
How much do you want to spend and how long do you want to hold on to the parcel?
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 7, 2013
Tom Sanchez answered:
Wow, something similar just happened on one of my transactions, but the Buyers Green Card expired. Give me a call I belive we can get that gifted to your family and start finding you a home.
Tom Sanchez
ReMax All Pro
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 28, 2013
Lance King answered:
It's a little hard to comment definitively without reading your contract or knowing the details. That said, if you want repairs done (or credits for repairs) and the seller doesn't want to do do them, your basic choices are to back out of the deal or pay yourself and close the deal. In many circumstances sellers prefer to do credits so they don't have any liability for repairs, so if they don't want to do the work you could try that approach ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 21, 2013
James Sanchez answered:
Best thing is talk to a lender first to see about qualifying. This way you and your agent will know exactly what price range to be looking at.

0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 3, 2013
Laura Coffey answered:
Realtors are not suppose to advise on legal matters. I would definitely contact a real estate attorney about your case. You may have one against the seller and the Realtors.
If you need an ethical Realtor you can trust please feel free to call me and interview me for the job.
Check out Group One Legal if you need a referral for legal advise.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 21, 2013
Don Gockel Realtor, Broker, GRI answered:
That really depends upon your "poor" credit. Some people think they have poor credit and they do, others think they do and they don't really. This is something that calls for a face to face with a local lender. I have seen people who thought they had less than stellar credit purchase a home.

Call me and I can direct you to a local lender that can get you started, be it to purchase a home or to correct your credit.

Don Gockel, Broker
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 17, 2012
Tamara Stoebe answered:
Hello Marcos,

With prices still low, downpayments are about 3 1/2%, with about 3% of sales price towards your closing costs. The City of Palmdale does have a homebuyer program, for owner occupants, who are looking to purchase in the City.

Your first step, is to speak with a lender, to determine your comfortable loan amount, which in turn determines your price range.

I'd be happy to assist you in your home search, and as Sheryl said, you may qualify for the CHDAP 2nd to assist with downpayment & closing costs. Your lender will be the best one able to assist you in your determination for downpayment assistance.

Please let me know if you have questions, concerns or are ready to start looking at properties.

Tamara Stoebe
(661) 466-6849
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 23, 2012
hgeorgeniles asked:
Please call me or send e-Mail to explain. call 888-451-3006 or email me at . Thank you.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 23, 2012
hgeorgeniles asked:
If there is an excess of paid money over what is owed how can I recover the excess for the estate and its beneficieries?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 18, 2016
Michael Jerry answered:
Wonda, contact me and I will see what I can find for you.

0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 1, 2012
Michael Langford answered:
We have two properties for rent within one mile of Palmdale Regional Medical Center. The addresses are 38724 Louise Lane, Palmdale CA 93551 and 136 Horizon Rd. Palmdale CA 93550. For more information, please email or call 661.947.5202. Thank you! ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 14, 2012
Nancy Villasenor answered:
Good Afternoon Carol,

Are you looking in the older (built in the late 80's) or newer section of the Renaissance Gated Community?
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 12, 2012
Edwin Momeny answered:
Can you specify where along Avenue R13? This will help in replying to your post.

0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search Advice
Palmdale Zip Codes