Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in Palm Springs : Real Estate Advice

  • All452
  • Local Info27
  • Home Buying155
  • Home Selling16
  • Market Conditions27

Activity 16
Fri Jun 6, 2014
Frank Alvarez answered:
I don't know if they do loans in Colorado, but 1st Bank will do loans for Canadians in California.
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 24, 2017
Ed Brophy answered:
Check with Paul Cook (619) 729-0339 he's with Prime Lending, they wholesale as well as loan their own funds.
0 votes 26 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 21, 2016
Joe Woods & David Hitt of the Woods-Hitt Team answered:
Here is a great resource that can help. Please keep us in mind when you are ready. We are here to help. We have 25+ years combined experience.

Jon-Eric Lehman
Sr. Vice President
SoCal Direct Lending
(760) 325-2800 Direct
(760) 898-2589 Mobile
(760) 841-5563 E-Fax (He has a Canadian Loan & Indian Lease land program also)
... more
0 votes 25 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 22, 2015
Scott Godzyk answered:
Grant as with any refinace no matter your citizenship, you start by meeting with a local and trusted mortgage broker, they can prequailify you at no cost, they will look at your credit plus your financials and let you know if there are any mortgage programs that you may quailify for.

please see my blog for a list of tips and advice for getting a mortgage
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 29, 2012
Sandra Murowchick answered:
Cal Metro call Jon Eric 760-322-4044 or his cell 760-898-2589
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 17, 2010
It will require at least 20% down. Since mortgage insurance isn't attainable for a 2nd home.
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 10, 2010
Jesse Sierra answered:
Hi Gerald,
You should get your good faith deposit back.
What are the conditions on your purchase contract?
Talk to your agent.
If you were in escrow you might have to pay some fees.
If you didn't open escrow, you get your good faith deposit back.

Best Regards,
Jes Sierra, B.Sc.
Chino Hills, CA
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 16, 2009
Greg Knox answered:
In this economy? Who is doing that well that they will turn down work? Tell them to get real.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed May 27, 2009
Dana Schuster answered:
You would have to finance this in the same way you would a car. if you are not purchasing the land along with the mobile,it is considered moveable property,not real estate. you cannot get a mortgage unless the mobile is permanently attached to the land. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 24, 2009
Paul Kaplan answered:
Check with Franklin Financial. Email Fred Van Veen at
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun May 19, 2013
Paul Kaplan answered:
I believe the answer is yes to both question. It is of course up to the lender and your credit, etc. Feel free to contact our in house lender, Fred Van Veen at to discuss any particulars.

Best regards,
Paul Kaplan
Pacific Union GMAC Real Estate
Palm Springs, CA 92262
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 15, 2008
Paul Kaplan answered:
Lenders are nervous about loaning. I think they do feel the Foreign National's are a greater risk- harder to go after if there is a default. Most of the lenders I work with are requiring the 50% down now, unfortunately. The lenders are taking a huge hit with all the foreclosures, so they're aprehensive about loaning money to anyone these days!! ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 10, 2008
Michele M Mayer answered:
Hi Vicki!

I just spoke with a Lender here in Palm Springs and they told me that they thought that Downey Savings might offer Loans at 25% down for Canadians.

Give Ryan Gray of Cal Metro Mortgage a call. He may be able to help you.
His number is 760-219-1294 and his email is

If you are looking for property here in The Desert, give me a call or email me, I would love to help you!

Michele M Mayer
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 24, 2008
Carolyn Voet answered:
Hi Vicky: On the contrary. The mortgage lenders I work with are happy to work with Canadians. If you need to be pre-approved for a loan, which a lot of our sellers require, I can give you the name of some lenders to contact. It's also a good idea to talk to at least 3 lenders to compare their fees & interest rates.

If you would like to speak with a lender, send me your email address and I'll give you some names to contact.

Carolyn Voet, ePRO
Committed to Excellence
Windermere Real Estate
Indian Wells
760/774-6510 (cell)
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 8, 2009
Ben Goheen answered:
There are many people out there trying to take advantage of situations exactly like yours. Try a HUD approved housing counseling agent: ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 18, 2013
Dot Chance answered:
Hi, Vicki. I'm not a loan officer, but with good credit, cash reserves and a hefty downpayment (probably 20%) you may be able to pull it off.

You can email Marie Richarz of Metrocities Mortgage and she would be able to give you a better answer:
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice