Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance in Orange County : Real Estate Advice

  • All332
  • Local Info10
  • Home Buying181
  • Home Selling26
  • Market Conditions5

Activity 4
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Ingrid Ski Realtor answered:
Hi margarita

Is what obligatory in San Francisco?
Need more info pls. I know you have asked several questions already.
Please email me with your specific question

Ingrid Ski Realtor
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 8, 2016
Franco and Jennifer Shamoo answered:
Hello Fattery,

Lease Back "Rent Back" for a short amount of time? It is unclear if you are an agent or a homeowner?

In any case, if you have an agent, your agent should recommend that you execute a two month lease or for whatever term you and the prospective tenant agree.

SHORT SALE? if this is a short sale, then you will have to read your approval letter and see if the lender allows a short term (90 day) lease back. Most cases the short sale lender will not agree to have the seller remain in the property. However, anything is negotiable and this truly depends on the negotiator who handled the short sale offer.

If you have permission and you are not violating the terms of the lender contract / agreements; it is as simple as a rental lease agreement executed before close of escrows.

If you like, contact me and i will be more than happy to consult you further at no charge.

You can reach me at 949-264-2177
Frank Shamoo
Realty ONE Group, Inc
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 4, 2016
John Arendsen answered:
Have you purchased this condo yet? First of all structural insurance on a conjoined (multi-unit) structure is very difficult if not impossible to find let alone EQ ins. You need to do some homework. Where is this condo located? Is it in a Zone 4 EQ area? When was it built? There's a lot of variables.

But to answer your question I find it highly unlikely that you would be able to find any ligitimate insurance company that would be bold enough to sell you an earthquake insurance policy in a condo complex.
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 4, 2009
Karen Parsons Fiddler answered:
Hi Frank,

The difference between those two premiums is probably very little per year. I would opt for the higher amount, just to be safe. The best way to compare insurance costs is to ask each to tell you what they would charge for the same coverage....for instance ask AAA what they would charge you for $205,000. Also, don't forget that the insurance company who gives you your auto policy will offer a discount for an additional policy. So ask about those discounts too.

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice