Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Orange County : Real Estate Advice

  • All337
  • Local Info10
  • Home Buying183
  • Home Selling27
  • Market Conditions5

Activity 1,204
Wed Jan 2, 2013
Lori Hanson answered:
It would be best to speak with a lender and fill out an application to see what you can qualify for with your current debt and funds you have for a down payment etc. I work with a really great lender and he has an online application you can fill out or you can give him a call first and talk to him before filling out an application. If you would like some help, I would be happy to put you in touch with him.

Happy New Year,

Lori Hanson
OC Homes Realty
714-585-5236 Cell
DRE 01405146
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Norma Laine answered:
Now is an excellent time to buy real estate. I am a Certified Investors Agent Specialist CIAS, and can help you evaluate an investment suitable for your needs. Call Norma Laine, 714 366-6362. RE/MAX ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 17, 2013
Joe Van Fossen answered:
Since FHA requires the home be owner-occupied, one option is to refinance your current home with a conventional loan. Your best bet would be to discuss your finances and situation with a mortgage broker who can give you your options and pre-qualify you for a new loan. I work with a lot of good loan people, so please feel free to contact me at the email if you'd like more help.


Joe Van Fossen
Keller Williams Realty
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 30, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
It is unlikelybut not impossible if was a few years back. On average the banks want to see 1/3 of your monthly payment to go towards a mortagge payment. You should start by meeting with a local and trusted loan officer who can prequailfy you at no cost and see what you do quailify for looking at your crredit and financials. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 2, 2013
Roland Vinyard answered:
You can leave the property (via the will) to anyone you like and they will receive any equity in it that you have. If she has been paying the mortgage for 8 years, it seems only fair to me to leave it to her. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 14, 2013
Restricted stocks cannot be counted as income.
In fact, restricted stock cannot be counted as reserves.

Because there is no ability to sell the stock, it is not considered liquid.

This is taken off of the FNMA guidelines.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 15, 2013
Connie Bramble answered:
No this is not right. Your loan agent can get you back your money, you need to be persistant with her. Do you have anything in writing that says the lender is paying the fees? If so you need to take it to her and request your money back. They are a business like anyone else. They can write you a check if they want to.
Best of luck to you,
Connie Bramble
Prudential CA Realty
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Sun May 17, 2015
Alain Picard answered:
This will affect your pre approval because your household income has changed and also your debt to income ratio. If your husband has enough income to still qualify for the home then you guys may be ok but this is really something that you need to speak with your lender and your real estate agent about. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 17, 2013
Lata Jobanputra answered:
I am very familiar with Irvine. It would be my pleasure to find a dream home for you.
Please call me at 714-381-5425 or email me at
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 23, 2012
Melchor, REALTOR®, M.Ed answered:
Hi jehs,

No, I am sorry but the house is in escrow. If I can assist you in searching for a home, please feel free to contact me.

Melchor Perez
DRE# 01842907
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun May 17, 2015
Melchor, REALTOR®, M.Ed answered:
Hi Greenmoon!

I recommend American Home Shield. If you would like further information, please contact me at:

Hope this helps you.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 17, 2013
Brad Davidson answered:
Hi Tony,

Any home that is priced well sells for the asking price and sometimes more. It's a very competitive market right now. If there are not multiple offers and the house has been on the market for a couple of weeks there will be some room for negotiation. It all depends on the seller's situation.

My business model can save you some money on any house you buy. I share my commission with my clients and could probably save you $5,000 to $6,000 on this house on top of anything we can negotiate with the seller.

Take a look at my website at and give me a call. I sell dozens of homes each year would be happy to talk to you about how I can help.

Happy Holidays.

Brad Davidson
Broker - 01416432
We Help-U-Buy Realty
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 24, 2013
Tony Fletcher answered:
No, you can put down as little as 3.5%
0 votes 22 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Maria Cipollone answered:
Your best option will be shopping around for a mortgage broker that can review all your financing status, employment history, debts, credit report and can give you at least two financial options.
Choose one that can answer all your questions on your first meeting.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

Century 21 Tenace
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 14, 2012
Just the house. This property is what is called a "leasehold", meaning you do not own the land underneath the home, just the house itself. If you read the description you'll see it says "GROUND LEASE $2000/Month first year, $3200/Mo thereafter.", so in addition to the mortgage payment on the home you will also have the ground/land lease payment. There aren't any property taxes though, but you would still be required to obtain a homeowners insurance policy (if you are using a mortgage to purchase it). Sometimes on leasehold properties you can purchase the land separately (there is an area in Huntington Beach where that is possible) or after a certain amount of payments it would convert the property to "fee simple" (where you would then own the land) but I am not sure about this particular area. An expert Newport Beach real estate agent should know, as properties in this area are on the market from time to time.

Financing a leasehold property is possible, but there are quite a few stipulations.

Shane Milne | Lending in all 50 states | NMLS #81195
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 14, 2012
Valerie O'Brien answered:
a PUD to do this justice check out the following:

simple defintiion is a s follows;
"Planned Unit Development (PUD)
A project or subdivision that includes common property that is owned and maintained by a homeowners' association for the benefit and use of the individual PUD unit owners."
Hope that is helpful.
Best regards,
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 18, 2013
Alex Vargas answered:
Morning Kris,

In my opinion Irvine is a fantastic place to purchase an investment condo. You should be able to rent it out rather quickly, being Irvine is highly sought after city.

Please let me know if I can help you with any condo' in the area.


Alex Vargas
Weichert Realtors
DRE #01332235

(714) 269-8775 Mobile
... more
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 12, 2012
Alex Vargas answered:
Hello Shaunda,

In my opinion you'll have more leverage paying cash. In doing so you'll perhaps get a better price on the estate you wish to purchase.
If you were to finance, you might have to find a portfolio lender to offer any type of Super Jumbo product, also depends on how much you'd be putting down.

If you'd like more information feel free to email/text/call me.


Alex Vargas
Weichert Realtor
DRE # 01332235

(714) 269-8775 Mobile

... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 16, 2014
Team Mork answered:
I do not think it is a bad idea to sell in the winter. A lot of people like selling in the spring or summer because usually the market is better during those times. But you can get just as good of results during the winter if you price your house right and advertise it. ... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 31, 2013
Rekha Shah answered:
Hi 711,

Any lender should be able to provide this service to you.

We have in house lenders who can help you with this.

Call me directly @ 949-202-6106 or email me at

... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
... 4 5 6 7 8 ...
Search Advice