Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Oklahoma City : Real Estate Advice

  • All433
  • Local Info35
  • Home Buying154
  • Home Selling44
  • Market Conditions11

Activity 232
Fri Jul 4, 2014
Wells Bridgett answered:
You'll need to look at the comps in your area. This will determine market value.
Give me a call if you need help

Bridgett Wells
Keller Williams Realty Elite
651-9320 ... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 22, 2013
Wells Bridgett answered:
I'll be happy to show you some homes and talk about locations. Give me a call.

Bridgett Wells
Keller Williams Realty Elite
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 9, 2013
Josh Barnett answered:
Sounds great, if you are not living in all three units, the lender may be qualifying your file as an investment file and not an owner occupy. The Down Payment sounds in line with the norm.

Best of Luck
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Charles Thompson answered:
It's kinda tough these days getting in an apartment without good or ok credit, however it can be done it just may take more looking around than usual and perhaps you will need to visit them in person before filling out the application to explain your situation to them and perhaps that will help them build some trust in you and not pay so much attention to your credit. Good luck to you and I wish you the best! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Josh Barnett answered:
What homes and what type of inspect will be performed?
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 24, 2013
Josh Barnett answered:
Email me your address and how much you want for your home,
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 15, 2016
Ron Thomas answered:
The HOA is the villan, but you chose to replace your Agent?
(And people wonder why I am not high on HOA's!)
You can blame the high HOA fee, and you can blame your Agent; but it would be a sure-fire bet that you are asking too much for the Condo; or it would have sold. ... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 13, 2013
Josh Barnett answered:
Yes, you will still have to provide them with an appraisal of the down payment home but you can use more than one home to secure the note on another home.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 15, 2013
Josh Barnett answered:
Trulia has a great, "rental page" at the top, second from the left. If that does not have what you are looking for the daily oklahoman is the next best bet.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 6, 2015
UB Home Team answered:
There are some Lenders still doing 580 FHA loans. Most require 620 as a minimum. If memory serves me right, they take the average of both scores. The guidelines change often, and a new change will be impacting mortgage insurance (MIP) on April 1 AND, lasting the life of the loan, (no longer falls off at 78% LTV). If you would like a short list of local Lenders, better suited to answer your question (OKC area), please contact us through our profile. We promise not to blow-up your phone or email, and will ask the Lender contacts to respect the same!

Best of luck in the home search!
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 24, 2013
Jeff Hart answered:
Projected completion date is Dec. 2017. Check out
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 10, 2013
Wells Bridgett answered:
Yes, Both Rock Knoll and Lansbrook are great communities. Rock Knoll has updated the pool cabana and Lansbrook has a beautiful lake with 33 acres of greenbelts, pool, parks, and trails.

These areas are hidden gems right here in the city...

Bridgett Wells
Keller Williams Elite
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 10, 2013
Jennifer Weaver answered:

I can get you in touch with a lender that can help you with the financing and that can tell you about different first time homebuyer's programs that could help with down payment assistance, etc. There is one lender I know of that says they can help you with a credit score of 580 or higher...if you would like his information call me at 405-370-3886 or email me at thanks and I look forward to possibly working with you! ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 3, 2013
Bill Hayden answered:
Hello here are several options for you. First go to my website: Click on the "View Listings" scroll to pages 61 to 88. There are several homes for lease listed here. When you find one in the location, price, and photo you like then key on the "View Listings". This will give you all of the details for this property. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and the person to contact is listed here.

Okay, Leasing Companies I work with who can help you on rental properties in OKC, Edmond, NW OKC, Guthrie, etc. what we call the Oklahoma City Metro Area. I suggest you send them an e-mail. I've provided you with their websites, e-mails, phone numbers, and contacts. If you would tell them I sent you...I get a finder's fee.

Oneprop - Attention: Josh Farmer or Denise
Phone #: 405-748-0520
web site:

Premier Home Leasing
Office: 405-844-4110
Randy: 405-973-6510
Jessye: 405-361-6604
web site:

Featherstone Property Management
Marvin Mueller
3209 S Broadway, Suite 219
Edmond, OK 73013
Ph#: 405-755-3610
Cell#: 405-416-0610

These 3 companies have their own properties and properties they manage for investors and absentee homeowners. Hope this helps you and good luck. Should you have any questions or need help, please do not hesitate to contact me.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 31, 2013
Josh Barnett answered:
Please call, (888) 234-2206 and they will be able to help you.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 29, 2013
Josh Barnett answered:
Some Protective Measures:
1. Check county records to ensure the person offering the owner finance is the owner of record.
2. Check the County's "Lis Pendens" notices to ensure that the owner is not under water.
3. Make sure you have a solid contract that spells out what amount of payments go to what.

You should always seek the help of a professional, i.e. an Attorney or Realtor.

Best of Luck,

Josh Barnett, Realtor
Metro First Realty
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 26, 2016
Wells Bridgett answered:
Hi Solomon,

I work with several lenders and they say no. You must contract the work to licensed contractors.
I wish I had better news for you.

Best of luck,

Bridgett Wells
Keller Williams Realty
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Leah Brown answered:
Here are a couple lender's I recommend. They are both really nice and welcome questions, so I'd give them a call and see what they can tell you. If they don't allow it, they might know someone who would.

David Carson, WestStar Pacific Mortgage - 715-3100

Matt Brown, 1st State Bank - 778-6500

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 7, 2013
Karen Moseley answered:
You might really consider getting the contractor and designer in who will be doing the work. The contractor can tell you if the upstairs is sturdy enough to hold a bath, etc. How many floors do you want to ascend to bed versus the kids? ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 9, 2014
Keith Jean-Pierre answered:
This should help you get started:

Best of luck!
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice