Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Oconee County : Real Estate Advice

  • All3
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying1
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 9
Fri Mar 15, 2013
Tim Moore answered:
It must be listed with a Realtor to be here.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 28, 2012
Spence & Theresa Reese answered:
Call Bob who is a private investor at 803-446-8361. If you need help closing this deal or additional advice, feel free to call.

Team Reese
Spence & Theresa Reese
Harbourtowne RE
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Aug 28, 2012
Sarah Swindle answered:
They started on August 21st.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Feb 19, 2012
Dan Tabit answered:
Your contract likely contains a closing date. The seller(s) would have signed and agreed to that when you first came under contract.
Your agent should be working on this for you. They could send an email, with a document attached requesting that if the closing date is not met, through no fault of the buyer and due to the sellers lack of timely action, the seller agrees to cover the costs of extending your lock.
I can't guarantee this will work, but it is reasonable to request and may motivate a lackluster seller. With estate sales, people can become very unmotivated or are not wanting to do things which acknowledge the death of a loved one. Motivating them with the possible loss of the sale or another expense may move things along. In this time of easy faxing, scanning, e-signatures, it only takes a brief time to get something done if they want to.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 19, 2012
Sasha Farmer answered:
Typically, once your rate expires, you are out of luck on that end of things. If it is the fault of the seller, you may be able to negotiate some form of credit back to you, but I know that in Virginia, that is not part of our standard sales contract, so would require some additional language to be added and then agreed upon.

Has your rate expired already? If not, why not discuss with the lender buying an extension on the rate lock? Once you know the costs involved, talk to your Realtor to see if there is any likelihood that you will be able to get help with them or reimbursement from the seller. It's worth a try, although probably not very likely. How long have you had a ratified contract?
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 21, 2012
Jason Queen answered:
Please contact me if I can help you in any way with real estate.
Jason Queen
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 8, 2010
abcd efgh answered:
Yes. You have the option of claiming the credit on either your 2009 or 2010 return. 2009 would involve filing a 1040X along with the 5405 form and the HUD-1 form.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 21, 2009
Marla Walker answered:
Hi Butch,

We cover Anderson through Wetminster and have all calls forwarded to our cell after hours and weekends.

If we can help, give us a call. Marla Walker, Associate Broker, Anderson Homes of South Carolina. 864-225-0222 Office 864-376-4115 Cell. web site. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 29, 2008
Don Tepper answered:
Check with your local city or county. Many will have sales or auctions once or more a year. And they're required to publish notices of those sales. But, just call (start with "tax office" or something similar) and ask when the tax auctions will be.

However, you'll find relatively few bargains. Often there's a redemption period, and the owners will redeem the properties. Or the properties (or pieces of land) are worth almost nothing. I've seen landlocked and flood plain land on such lists. So it's not the gold mine the TV ads make it out to be. Still, give it a shot.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Popular Cities in Oconee County