Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

In My Neighborhood in Oceanside : Real Estate Advice

  • All377
  • Local Info15
  • Home Buying98
  • Home Selling17
  • Market Conditions8

Activity 6
Sun Sep 8, 2013
Joseph Arendsen answered:
Hi Bill,
I believe you are asking about the space rent for Mission San Luis Rey community, the space rent/HOA averages to about $650 depending on the unit. Feel free to email me the actual address of the specific unit and I will get back to you with the exact amount.
Also if you have any other question just let me know, I'm here to help.

Joseph Arendsen
The Arendsen Group Inc.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 10, 2012
jslistservs answered:
Check out There have been 279 crimes recorded within a 1 mile radius over the past 6 months.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Feb 24, 2012
Silvia Gonzalez-Ackroyd answered:
HOA fee? for what particular area or community? It will depend on that question. San Luis Rey has several condo areas and manufactured homes that do have HOA fees. Is there a particular property you are interested in? Call me at 760-828-6951 if you have further questions:) ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue May 22, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
Without seeing an address i can not tell whoch one you are inquiring. If that amount is listed on the property it could be a rental or a typo. I have not seen any sales prices that low in yoru area. Simply click on teh listing agents profile and contact them direct ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 6, 2009
James Baker answered:
It's easy! A member of my own family was able to rent a room in his upscale home in a matter of days with only word of mouth. The renter was a professional lady who had recently Sold her home. Get a substancial deposit. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 16, 2008
Vicki Maselli-Shoop answered:

There are several variables that come into play in the situation you described. Your best recourse is to speak to a licensed CA real estate attorney. It would be well worth the 1/2 to 1 hour of consulting that you pay for professional legal advice to determine your options.

In the meantime, here are some points to consider (this is in no way, shape or form intended to substitute legal advice since I am not an attorney nor am I licensed in the state of CA to sell real estate):

Based upon your description, it sounds to me that you and your neighbor have an appurtenant easement or a party driveway for shared use of the driveway. These types of easements are typically established in writing and filed with your respective deeds at the local city or county municipality. The two of you may have entered into such arrangement or prior owners or the developer could have established such an easement which would then be conveyed and transferred to the new owner(s) when the property sells and title is transferred. The attorney will do a much better job than I explaining to you the different types of easements and, after looking at your particular title/deed, can give you specific options that you may have.

My first question would be to question the type of zoning that your neighbor's property is located within. Usually, there are restrictions on how many structures can be built, mandatory set-backs and boundaries, permit approvals, etc. that may limit or prohibit your neighbor's ability to sub-divide the lot in order to proceed with his planned construction. If he/she ends up successfully sub-dividing the existing lot or selling an adjacent lot, I would think that the new third party would also have to enter into a written agreement with both you and your neighbor to establish a new easement.

A few other forms of easements that may apply include: Easement by necessity - an appurtenant easement that arises when an owner sells part of his/her land that has no access to a street or public roadway except over the seller's remaining land. These are usually created by court order since the new owner has a right to have access to & from his/her property without being land-locked. Easement by prescription - occurs when the claimant has made use of another's land for a certain period of time as defined by state law. In this situation, the claimant's use must have been continuous, exclusive, and without the owner's approval (probably not applicable in your case).

I hope this gives you some helpful information to consider. However, I strongly urge you to seek professional legal advice on this matter. Best wishes - Ted
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice