Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Northridge : Real Estate Advice

  • All74
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying20
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 47
Sun Oct 3, 2010
Jim McCowan answered:
Unless you made other arrangements in the contract, you have to be out the day of settlement.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 26, 2014
Ted Canto answered:
That sounds weird unless there is a lien/ judgement agains the property. However, I believe you can still do it. Probably the LO's company's policy.

If you'd like, we can discuss it in detail. There are several questions and inquiries I would need to make before being able to say that I can. Nonetheless, I can quickly get an answer for you. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 23, 2015
Scott Godzyk answered:
Donna you need to be represented and protected by your own attorney, hopfully your settlement was in writing to protect you. If it is not in writing, they will attempt to go after you for monthly fees and all legal costs. You should check with an attorney on what the collection laws and time frames are in yoru state, i wish you luck in working things out in your favor. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 4, 2010
Shel-lee Davis answered:

You have not indicated what house in your question. If you provide an address, perhaps someone will be able to help you. Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis, CDPE
Your Real Estate Consultant for Life
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 9, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Your agent should be asked this question directly, why not contact him/her-- ask for an explanation in order to resolve any existing confusion you may have.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 8, 2010
Dan Chase answered:
To answer that another question has to be asked.

Do potential buyers know about this change?
If they do are they acting before it makes loans harder to get?

I really think that right now anyone who needs an incentive to buy is looking more at the $8,000 than anything else. Everything else either makes it possible or is frustrating. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 27, 2010
CCC answered:
Could you "contact" the current owner and ask for help?

What about contact the Realtor and explain your situation?

I wonder is Lender paid those HOA dues or just did not pay them. I wonder if the HOA will allow the sale without payment.

You need a lot of help. Good luck.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 11, 2009
Gary Papirov answered:
Yes, A citizen of another country can buy real estate in the US. However your financing would be structured differntly and your interest rate would be signioficantly higher
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 12, 2009
Sean Dawes answered:
A bank owned property can take a long time to get to the settlement table. Also they are not as easy to work with and generally do not do any repairs to the properties prior to settlement. You are buying properties as is.

Why are you considering going this route? Have you looked into other options? Short sales might be a better approach as in the seller just cannot pay their mortgage and are trying to sell before it goes into foreclosure. The home could be in better condition as the bank did not seize it.

I would add some more info such as have you been pre-approved and what price range for. This way some local realtors can chime in here and mention some good markets to look in.

If you are going the foreclosure/bank owned route I highly suggest you hire a buyers agent. This process can be a nightmare if you try and tackle it on your own.

Sean Dawes
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 16, 2009
Marla McWilliams-Lopez answered:
Get the CC&R's from your local title company, and then contact the President or Treasurer of that association. Tell them you're interested in purchasing the property, they will give you the balance due.

Good Luck! :-)
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 3, 2009
Paul Aragon answered:
You can contact Alana Anaya at (818) 701-2900
Her office is on Reseda Blvd in Northridge. Tell her that Paul from Pinnacle Estate Properties in Porter Ranch recommended her - she should be able to help you with your specific situation. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 31, 2009
The Hagley Group answered:
Is there a reason you'd walk away and not try for a short sale? It would be less of a hit on your credit score. More info below....good luck!

Oh...and they should not be able to lien your other home....but an attorny would be able to advise you best. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 26, 2009
Matt McClain answered:
Hi Naomi.

You can, of course, conduct real estate transactions without using a broker. You can look up your options However, if there is already an interest in the property to purchase it you may want to use a broker/agent for a smooth and worry free transaction.

There are many things that can go wrong in the state of California if certain documents and protocol are not followed and the potential legal issues down the road are not worth the dollars spent on a realtor.

I have handled situations like yours where two parties are in agreement, there is no advertising necessary of the property, and want the transaction to go smoothly and without issue. My broker and I are willing to do this transaction for a substantially discounted fee.

If you are interested or have any other questions, please feel free to email or call me.

Have a great evening!


Matt McClain
Axiom Real Estate
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 5, 2009
Shel-lee Davis answered:

In any community adjacent to a Golf Course there is a chance of damage from stray golf balls. That is precisely why the Statewide Buyer and Seller Advisory (paragraph 18, page 4 of 10) has a discussion regarding "Errant Golf Balls ". Most golf courses take preventive measures, such as putting up screens or planting foliage to minimize the chance of such a mishap. However, you must realize, that with the privilege and pleasure of living on a golf course, comes the chance of the occasional errant golf ball.

The liklihood of this occurance will vary from home to home. So it is in your best interest, once you have identified the specific home you wish to purchase, to do your due diligence. Speak with the neighbors, ask the current owner of the property you are buying, take a tour of the golf course and see if there are any preventive measures taken by the golf course to limit the chance of stray golf balls hitting your house, and make sure that your homeowner's insurance has coverage that would protect you in the rare chance of golf ball mishap. Have your insurance agent or the seller provide you with a CLUE report (this will tell you about any insurance claims against the property's insurance in the past 5 years) and if you see that they made 5 claims a year for broken windows, damaged autos or broken roof tiles, then you know this home is "in the line of fire". Of course, this report is not fool proof, some homeowners will just pay for the broken window without reporting it to their insurance, but this would be part of your due diligence anyway.

Once you have satisfied yourself regarding the specific home you are buying, then proceed with the purchase. Believe me there are many people who would love to live on a golf course, even with the possiblity of the occasional stray golf ball. You should, and probably do, count yourself among the fortunate who actually can live in such a wonderful location. Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis
Real Estate Consultant
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 15, 2009
Paul Aragon answered:
You can call (818) 349-5500 for a broker that was voted in the Top 2 Realtors in Los Angeles County 2008 by the Daily News Reader's Choice Awards. I'd be glad to help you find the perfect home and instruct you on the nuances of Porter Ranch neighborhoods- Paul Aragon ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 27, 2009
Dallas Texas answered:
It is not up to the listing agent , bank determine which offer to accept. You might not ever receive a response from a the bank

NOTE: Short sales, foreclosures have drama not due to listing/ buyers agent how bank does business.
Agents are not paid till close, faster agent can have an offer accept bank faster listing agent gets paid.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 30, 2012
Paul Aragon answered:
Your appraisal shouldn't be more than $350, inspection no more than $300, and you shouldn't have to pay loan fees for a loan that did not record. Since the seller didn't perform, you can send over a notice to perform for the legally binding contract in the state of California (Residential Purchase Agreement). You should talk to an attorney about taking them to court and have the judge order a completed sale (hopefully the trustee sale is delayed). If you don't want to buy it, take the seller to small claims court and get your fees back. Real estate attorneys love these types of situations because they are easy to remedy. When in doubt, you should always consult a "Real Estate" attorney, not a general attorney. If you need the name of one, give me a call at 818-488-8038 and I can refer you to a local real estate attorney in Northridge. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 8, 2009
Annie Aroutounian answered:
I e-mailed you the title history and sale records of 18308 Schoenborh St, in Northridge begining 2004.Your Uncle's name is not on title.Maybe he was renting at that time.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 30, 2012
Marc Schwartz answered:
Hello Jitin,

Please visit, you can find any bank owned home for sale and it will update you every day on the new & reduced properties for sale. It's free....I've been selling real estate in the San Fernando Valley for over 18 years and worked with so many first time buyers, so I'll walk you guys through the whole process. Call me at 818-885-5615 x615 to make an appointment. Marc ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 29, 2008
Cynthia Fleming answered:
Realtorex, If you find out how to get involved, please let me know. I've tried via several websites without any luck. Keep me posted and if you get any good advise! Thanks.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice
Northridge Zip Codes