Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance in North Carolina : Real Estate Advice

  • All457
  • Local Info33
  • Home Buying252
  • Home Selling49
  • Market Conditions10

Activity 9
Tue Apr 16, 2013
Andy Matejka answered:
Have you not had an appraisal yet??

This question is a great one for your broker to answer...especially if he knows someone that can provide you with coverage for about $35 per month. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 4, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
For realistic homeowner's insurance costs, call any local insurance companies and ask free estimates based on your needs, then go from there....
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 3, 2011
Deborah Hawks Chilton asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 28, 2011
Gerard Carney answered:
Just go to the telephone book and find a local agent for home owner insurance!
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 3, 2015
Tim Moore answered:
There is no such thing as hurricane insurance, we do have wind/hail policies. Most homes here have 3 policies - wind/hail (the most expensive), fire/theft, flood (often the cheapest of the 3). Some companies will include a wind policy in the fire/theft HO3 policy while others have dropped wind making you get it from elsewhere. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue May 4, 2010
Donna Sutton answered:
Hello Casey,
In searching the Cleveland County Tax Info for you, I found there are two listed 128 Dirty Ankle Rd properties. One is just land. 1.97acres with a tax value of $8,641.00. The other has a home with basement on .96 acre of land. The tax value on that one is showing $$85,746.00.
If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to call me at 704-470-7147. Also, if you are looking for any specific property, I would be happy to help you find it.
Thank you, have a great day.
Donna Sutton, Broker
Gateway Properties of the Carolinas, LLC
704-470-7147 cell
704-730-9991 office
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 15, 2009
Glenda Marks answered:
State Farm near the University area is: Gene Haynes
8316 Medical Plaza Drive

Suite A

Charlotte, NC 28262-6704

phone: (704) 549-1515
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 10, 2017
Glenda Marks answered:
A reputable insurance agent will discuss all the coverages with you. I personally recommend State Farm. You can find locaitons at,+nc&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&ei=3JJbSrfYCpCa8wS91ujWBQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1

Hope this helps.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 25, 2009
Chris Jordan answered:
Some important things to consider on a homeowner's policy are:

1. Guaranteed Replacement/Expanded Replacement - Make sure your policy covers at least 20% higher than the coverage shown for the dwelling. Your agent can help you determine if it does.

2. Replacement Cost for your contents - This feature guarantees replacement of your property "less" depreciation. For example, if your home burns down and you have a TV from 1999, the insurance company will compensate you based on a 2009 TV.

3. Liability - Have a higher liability limit than the home is worth. Example - if you have a $350,000 house, make sure your liability is 500k.

Those are the most important things to consider. Other things you want to think about are valuable/rare items that you need to "schedule" on the policy or get separate coverage for - like jewelry. Also, last thing I would suggest is taking a thorough inventory of your property, all of it. You can record or take pictures of everything and put that data in a safe place.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice