Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Norristown : Real Estate Advice

  • All107
  • Local Info19
  • Home Buying29
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions5

Activity 14
Thu Jun 13, 2013
I would call the local FBI office, but only if my own hands were clean, good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 11, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Not sure who's phone number you're looking for, however if referring to a specific property, you can call any local agent/realty office for any necessary information....
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Dec 24, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Contact your local Legal Aid Society for a pro bono attorney; also check with the local Bar Association; if near a law school, contact any law professor for suggestions, etc.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 19, 2011
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
Theoretically it's possible since tax liens are, generally, superior to all other liens. However, practically it is not likely unless there are no mortgages on the property. Most mortgage companies are going to pay the tax lien rather than allow the owner of the tax lien to foreclose and lose their entire investment. It does happen, I personally know of at least one instance where it DID happen, but it is extremely rare.

Tax liens can be a very good investment since interest rates are set by the local government and usually command a high rate of interest. However, the most likely outcone is the owner of the tax lien will be paid the lien and the interest due on it.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Mar 6, 2011
Joansie asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 9, 2017
Tim Moore answered:
Most people don't like to work for free and lawyers are no different. You might try calling some real estate attorneys in your area to see if they can answer some questions you have. Good luck. You are in a big city so maybe there is an advocacy group or something like the ACLU that you can contact. ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Scott Godzyk answered:
If you are paying 11% interest that is off the charts with 30 year fixed rates just above 4%. I would assume this is onwer financing as you may not be able to get a conventional loan, in this case it allows you to get a house, and if you rebuild your credit, should be able to refinance into a 30 year fixed at a much much lower rate in the near future.

Without knowing the house, it is impossible to know if you are getting a good deal on price. you will need to assess what the house is worth in todays market, and compare it to what you are paying, most seller financed homes sell for above market value because they have a captured audience that will pay more for the privledge of getting a housel.

Only you know what you can pay and what is comfortable. good luck with your purchase
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 9, 2012
Dan Chase answered:
Look up MERS and them not having legal standing to foreclose on ANY property. They do not own it, they can not legally foreclose on it.

If you look you may find a lot more. Looking quickly I found these. You may be able to find a lot more that will help.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 6, 2009
Terrence Charest answered:
You don't need a lawyer to figure that out. If you owed money on a loan and haven't been paying, it's probably going to happen. Get with the county sheriff's office in the county which the property is in and see if it's on the sheriff's sale list.

Hope that helps,

Terrence Charest, e-Pro

PS...... post you question in New York, not in PA.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Aug 4, 2009
Terrence Charest answered:
You, as a tenant, have plenty of rights. You must, however, continue to pay your rent even though the property is up for sale. Even if the property still ends up being sold, the landlord could still come after you for the rent owed up until the time of the sale.

I would think that if the property makes it to sale, you could be at the sale and talk with the person who bids and wins the property whether it be someone seated or the representative for the bank. They may allow you to stay and if they want you out, they must follow certain guidelines.

Try the site below for more info on your rights. I cannot vouch for the site on whether the info is correct or not. In the end you may need to consult with an attorney.

Hope that helps,

Terrence Charest, e-Pro®
Century 21 Associates
905 Easton Road
Willow Grove, PA 19090
Cell (Preferred): 877.614.1494
Office: 215.659.5250
Fax: 215.659.5550
“Giving to Those Who Gave”
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon May 4, 2009
The Hagley Group answered:
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 17, 2009
David Witsen answered:
There is help available but it depends on your "Specific" circumstances. One size does not fit all.
Please provide more details such as balance on loans, how many months in default, have you tried to modify or "workout" your loan with the lender, Have you lost your job, etc.
WARNING... There are many scams out there and they prey on distressed homeowners. Make sue you get references from reliabale sources.
Feel free to call or write to me if I can help in any way
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 25, 2012
Carol Cei answered:
Hello, Anne,

There are already a number of non-profits that do this. You should visit the website and you will find help for homeowners there.

I have been working with homeowners in distress and trying to help them find solutions to their problems so that they can stay in their homes. Would you like to team up? There are a lot of things to do before getting to the legal part of the issue. Then, perhaps we can find a few different people who will step up to the plate for us.

Carol Murray Cei
ReMax Millennium
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 8, 2011
Donna Saylor & Carolyn Mitchell The Power of TWO! answered:
The appraiser will run a search of properties similar to yours that have settled in the last 6 months. The area they pull comps from will be your township. So if, for instance, you live in West Norriton the appraiser will choose comps from W. Norriton and not for the Boro of Norristown. This way they compare apples to apples.

Once comps are chosen, the appraiser will look closer and compare your home to each one individually. They may all be 3 bedroom ranch homes but the value changes with the smaller differences. You may live on a quiet side street and have an extra bath making yours more valuable than the home on Main St. with one bath. The appraiser adds or subtracts value from the sales price of the home being compared and, when all the adjustments are made, averages the adjusted prices to get a final figure.

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me. I am a REALTOR in Collegeville and am familiar with the area.


Donna Saylor & Carolyn Mitchell
The Power of TWO!

GMAC Real Estate/ Premier Network
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Foreclosure in Norristown Zip Codes