Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Norcross : Real Estate Advice

  • All144
  • Local Info22
  • Home Buying41
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions4

Activity 37
Mon Feb 25, 2013
Laquita Baez answered:
Bemi, feel free to contact me directly so I can learn more of your situation and see if I can assist you
with finding a rental.

Laquita Baez
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metrobrokers
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Feb 22, 2013
You would probably need to consult with the closing attorney that performed your closing.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Josh Barnett answered:
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 12, 2013
Lee Taylor answered:
Sun Jan 6, 2013
Georgia is not a Community Property state, so yes, you can purchase a home in only your name and your credit.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
Apply Online at
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 2, 2013
Tim Moore answered:
Lease purchase and rent to own are pretty much the same thing and not a good deal for a renter since they hardly ever work out. In either case a loan is going to be required to purchase and people go for these awful options because they can't get a loan. No loan = no purchase and the renters then defaults losing more money they gave the owner.

Just rent - buy when you can actually buy.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 26, 2012
Michael Hammond answered:
Consider using the link below in web reference, Dwayne, to best determine which schools are best in Norcross and the surrounding areas as well. Please call, text or email if we can provide further assistance. Good Luck!

Michael Hammond
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 25, 2012
Lonnie Anderson answered:
Give me a call. I know an investor who is looking. 678-910-1202
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Aug 14, 2012
Costa Panos answered:
Renee, please email me the address of the home that you are renting and I can look it up and see if it has ever been listed on the market. Thanks, Costa Panos
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 9, 2012
Joseph Domino answered:
Even though Arizona is a community property state, you can purchase alone. As long as you can qualify on your own ncome you can purchase as a "Sole and Seperate". Your wife will be required to sign a disclaimer deed stating that she disclaims any interest in the home (she can still inherit the home should something happen to you).

Some might suggest that you add her to the title after closing, but I do not recommend having one person on the loan and two on the title. You never know what will happen years from now.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 11, 2013
Kelly Shen answered:
During due dilligence period, you should ask for the credit for the repair with such words: ask for $xxx repair credit, or we will terminate the contract.

similiar word like that.

where is your agent? how much is the deposit?

Or try your best to communicate to seller agent to explain that you don't understand this, and take it for granted that the contract is terminated because you didn't reach agreement on the repair credit.

Do you have finiancial contingency, if yes, try terminate using that contingency. like you had trouble to get a loan.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 16, 2012
Eve answered:
Yes! We can help. Please email me at
Look forward to hearing from you asap.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Sep 14, 2011
Solomon Greene answered:

Just searched in Gwinnett and found one. It apparently needs some attention as an uninsured property, but many properties in this price range often do. An agent will be needed to place the bid, so please let me know if you'd like to do that.

Solomon Greene
REALTOR® Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Partners
(678) 775-2677
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 29, 2011
Morgan Hill, Owner Financing Specialist answered:
I have a great loan officer that can help you out.. When did you want to start the process?
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 14, 2011
Etradez asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 8, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Why not consider a Google search and Google Maps for distance...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 27, 2010
Priscilla Hammond answered:
Hello Juan,

I'd be happy to assist you if you're not already working with an Agent. Click on my name to contact me.
Thanks and have a great day!!!
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 19, 2012
Kevin Olson, Jessica Laude answered:
The broker has to do what rules state, and in most cases when the broker is where the earnest money goes, it has to be deposited into a trust account until closing. These are some of the most regulated rules (dealing with earnest money), and any deviation can result in large fines. By depositing the earnest money check, it verifies proof of funds (if the earnest money check bounces that isn't a good sign) and demonstrates good faith by the buyer.

Depending on each situation, the money might go towards the down payment, closing costs, or even go back to the buyer at closing.
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 25, 2012
Alex Rodriguez answered:
Is tought to say it will be a good investment right now, but I am sure that they will build those out. Sometimes an investor buys the remaining lots and builds on them, I cannot guess what the prices would be.
Foreclosures continue to be a good deal and there are more on the way.
let me know if I can be of help.

... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Home Buying in Norcross Zip Codes