Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Using Trulia in New York : Real Estate Advice

  • All639
  • Local Info71
  • Home Buying346
  • Home Selling51
  • Market Conditions15

Activity 17
Thu Aug 16, 2012
Michael Levy answered:
Hi: I can help you analyze the Peach Lake Community. Sometimes you have to be a bit of a detective to figure out these neighborhoods. You may have to go to the Town offices to get more information. I have some information for you on this neighborhood as well. Please call me at 914-273-9688. I look forward to speaking with you about it. Sincerely, Michael F. Levy, Principal Broker, Grand Lux Realty.

We are looking for more agents & offer up to 80% commission splits with no fees. If you know anybody who might be interested, I'll pay you up to $2,000 each for your agent recruits.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jan 17, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
MLS is showing one cottage as available in Mill Neck, it's set on over five acres; it is a one bedroom unit with waterviews; close proximity to beach and town, no pets allowed. If you need additional assistance feel free to contact me directly; also check
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 27, 2011
Tearsha Freeman answered:
Hi Jackie,

You may be able to use a FHA loan or a FHA 203K loan for repairs. This would depend on the amount and the type of repairs needed. You agent should be able to let you know which one. If she is unsure then the appraisal wil let you know if you can use a regular FHA or not. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 29, 2011
Thomas McGiveron answered:
not sure what your question means - if you're asking if a grandparent can leave a home that is in foreclosure to his grandkid the answer is no.

of course talk with an attorney and i am not 100% sure about your question.

IF you're asking can a grandparent sell a home to a grandkid via short sale - the answer is no - any short sale transaction MUST BE "arms length" - no relation to seller.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 22, 2010
charles mirailh answered:
Thank you Terry for contacting me. Which rental property, we a have few listed. Just let me know where in Brooklyn you are looking for a 2bedroom and i may be able to help. We dont offer special housing programs at the moment-
Charles W. Mirailh
Superior Realty
Direct: 917-443-6295
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 25, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
You can check with your local building department--see links for additional information. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 23, 2010
Sandra Lewandowski answered:
My suggestion is to consult a Tax advisor familiar with both Florida and Islip Township. I see your zip code is in Bay Shore. Also, go to the Islip town hall to inquire what property tax benefits will be lost if you make Florida your permanent residence. If I can help in anyway you can contact me at the e-mail address I posted.
I have been a resident in Bay Shore too for a long time.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 6, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Check your local zoning first and see if allowed and check to see if permits are needed--see link for additional information.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun May 3, 2009
Jerry Thompson II answered:
you will need to check a number of things these include, how is the parcel identified in the public records now, is it one tax id with 1 deed, title, survey exc. If this is the case you will need to make sure you are legally able to make the split in your city or town without any permit procedure, such as a varience. Secondly if you are able to split the property and sell them seperatly you will simply need to then provide seperate title searchs, surveys and deeds when you transfer the property so there may be some additional costs associated with this sale, and lastly you may also want to consult with a tax professional to make sure there are no unanticipated capitol gains obligations, which is often dependent on how you have treated the tax status of the propertys while you have owned them. If you need any additional info I can be reached at my website listed below, and would be happy to help. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jan 13, 2009
Pushpa Gunatilake answered:
Hi Curtis,
My name is Pushpa Gunatilake and I am with Pioneer Star R.E. in Buffalo area. This HUD property is still available. It is open for all bidders which means it is open for any one. (owner occupied or the investors) You have to verify how much repairs in the property and how much would be the cost. What you could do if you have any handy man,walk through with him. You do not have to get home inspection before you make an offer. But at least if you walk through with the real estate professional, who will be able to tell you what should you do. In order to bid for this property you will need,pre-approval letter from the bank and $500 certified check in your hand. I've successfully closed some HUD deals for my clients. If you need more info. and wants to go forward soon,please feel free to call me @ 716-907-3046 or e-mail me at with your information. I will be happy to contact you.
Hope to talk to you soon....
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 18, 2008
Scott Godzyk answered:
Chances are the short sale will not have time to go through. you need to ask the agent if the seller was approved for a short sale and if the bank has already ordered its appraisal for the short sale. if not your best bet would probabily be not to tie up any more time nor money. Good luck with working things out ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 9, 2008
Jaishree..Jane Zilpelwar answered:
Hi Duke,

You can call the Local Town and they will be able to tell you the property owner's name and information. If you need further information, please email or call me. Good Luck....

Jane Zilpelwar
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 8, 2009
Jeff Curran answered:
The public records show no property with that exact address. Sometimes the house number or mailing address is different from the legal address. The records show property with address 1629 & 1630 Avnue B, the next address after that is 1634. You can search public records for this area at : or contact a real estate professional such as myself for further assistance.
Thank you,
Jeff Curran, Associate Broker
Office 518 458-7000 ext. 232
Mobile 518 424-2445
Commercial/Investment Division

If you would... If you know of someone who may appreciate the kind of services I offer I'd love to help them. So when you come across these people, just give me a call with their name and business number and I will be happy to follow up and take good care of them for you.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Oct 31, 2008
Brooke 'The Kiwi' Realtor answered:
Good question Al + Vivian. We all want to knwo this answer!!!
It is simple really. It is illegal for commissions to be mandated or 'set' by ANY Broker/Agent or there franchise or agency.
However most will range between the 4-7% depending on the area you are interested in. Let me elaborate a little more... When you negotiate your fee as a Realtor/Agent/Broker you always try to match the amount of value and marketing you can offer with the cost/commmission you are asking a seller (or buyer) for.
If you provide a full service range then you deserve to be paid the higher end. If you can only get a smaller fee then you need to be clear on WHAT you are offerring and what you're not!
As a buyer and seller of real estate or what we call a consumer you need to find out what the Realtor is offering by way of their service range of products and marketing tools etc. Then establish their experience and agree in a way that BOTh sides are in total harmony. Hope that helps...
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 29, 2009
Randy Sprague answered:
Yes, there are several actually, I couldn't believe it when I landed my house, perfect three bed, two bath, and very reasonable a 650 plus, the surounding areas would have charged at least 300 more, trust me, I'm from the surrounding area. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice