Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in New York : Real Estate Advice

  • All639
  • Local Info71
  • Home Buying346
  • Home Selling51
  • Market Conditions15

Activity 102
Tue Apr 9, 2013
Yul Park answered:

I have a referral who is an accomplished developer / contractor who can answer any questions you may have with the building process. He is fully licensed, insured, and has a portfolio that shows a wide range of projects. Please tell him Yul referred you.

Dave Nahm
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Jen Blanchard answered:
Give me a call so I can understand your situation. Jen 949 702 4559
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 3, 2013
allan erps,ABR,SFR answered:
Would probably suggest you go down to the Town Hall in New City. If you should need the services of a reasonable Attorney also get in touch with me @ or call me @845-304-3040. Hope all works out well for you both. Regards Allan ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
You may wish to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate before making any changes. You can go to the County Clerk's Office....
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 13, 2017
Mitchell Feldman answered:
Dear Kira:

You need to speak to an architect to see if it is possible for you to do such a thing. There are laws, safety codes and zoning restrictions you have to be concerned about. You can find an architect and get together to go over it. You will need the address of the property and the survey from when you purchased your home.

Whatever you do, make sure you do it in a legal fashion. This means you have to submit the plans to the city, get them approved and once the work is done you need to have the city come and re-inspect to make sure everything was done properly and up to code. After that you will be given a new certificate of occupancy attesting to the legality of your alterations.

If you do not do it the right way you can be subject to violations, fines and it will also interfere and create problems when you go to sell the house anytime in the future. So call an architect and do it the right way. If I can be of further assistance, please let me know. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 3, 2013
James McHugh answered:
The release form allows your property to be advertised.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 27, 2012
Mitchell Feldman answered:
My thoughts:

1) In order for the money to be used in the purchase of a property, it has to be a gift and the purchaser must get a gift letter from the gift giver so the bank can confirm it is actually a gift. It cannot be a loan.

2) The funds have to have been seasoned... this means there must be a paper trial as to where the money came from. As an example, if it were in a bank account, you would have to show proof that the money was in the account for 60 to 90 days. In other words, the money cannot come from under someone's mattress! ;)

If I come up with more thoughts I will let you know!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 20, 2012
Weichert Realtors House and Home answered:
Hi Shareen.

No question, the Westchester MLS (HGMLS) does it better.

Call me so we can talk about how, why and the best way to utilize it.

609 Kappock Street
Suite 1A
Bronx, NY 10463
(718) 432-5000 (Office)
(718) 432-2091 (Fax)
(917) 974-2600 (Cell)
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 16, 2014
Marie Souza Team answered:
This depends on so many factors... Size, finishes, plumbing, electrical etc. May be best to get a free estimated from a local pro!
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 16, 2012
Don Tepper answered:
Get one from a real estate agent. You want one that includes all the provisions that are required in Astoria--so finding a generic template online won't work. The ones used by agents are also going to be "landlord-friendly."

If you're willing to spend some money, probably the best approach is to have an attorney draft one for you.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 19, 2011
Yuriy Goldstein answered:
1.To fight the town(difficult) 2. Change administration next year for the better economy for the better value of your house.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 6, 2011
Abu Musa answered:
Sun Dec 25, 2011
Margaret Hassani answered:
The best way to get MLS numbers is to contact your Realtor. If you don't have one, but are planning to purchase a home, it would be advisable to have one.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 15, 2011
Peggy Carillo asked:
Please remove my sold listing at 221 Piping Rock Rd 11545. Buyer wants listing off Trulia
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri May 23, 2014
Tim Moore answered:
Go to a lawyer and have him draw up a new deed and add her. He will then record it.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 19, 2011
Coldwell Banker Shayovitz Realty answered:
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 13, 2011
Stephen Saleski answered:
I can definitely be of assistance to you in terms of meeting with you and doing a Comparative Market Analysis to tell you what your property is worth. I can also put you in touch with realtors from my network in the the Tennessee and Kentucky areas where you think you might want to be to explain to you the markets and areas that might be of interest.

You can email me at to further discuss this.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Egen Warner ABR, CRS answered:

Realtor are allowed to provide information they can be a source to a resouce. Below is a website that will give you basic information. If you want to know more just contact me.

Try this link:

Egen Warner
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 3, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
You've got all the right ideas; don't be afraid to pull the trigger!
Do you think that some of the people haven't made any mestrakes?
You sound like you've got the "people" skill down and now you have to work on the "techs" and "details".
If you want to become a Realtor, do it! But that doesn't sound like what you want.
If you have a friend who's a Realtor, ask to borrow their book, "Real Estate Principles". It will train you in the details and you will at least learn the correct questions. The answers will follow.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon May 2, 2011
Scott Godzyk answered:
If you are looking for sec 8 rentals you should start with a rental agency who manages many many properties, they should be able to furnish you with a list of available properties in your area. Good luck with your search ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5
Search Advice