Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in New Port Richey : Real Estate Advice

  • All336
  • Local Info19
  • Home Buying101
  • Home Selling12
  • Market Conditions26

Activity 10
Fri Apr 12, 2013
Jason Nadler answered:
Sun Dec 23, 2012
Steven Zimmerman answered:

While I am NOT a Licensed Attorney and unable to give a Legal Opinion, please find the attached that I found from doing a simple Google search.

Steven Zimmerman Realtor ABR GRI
Gulf Harbors Resident-Specialist
Pop Warner West Pasco Prowlers Volunteer Tackle Football Coach
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 1, 2012
Annette Lawrence answered:
Pick up the phone and call!.
Don't email!
Don't use the links you see on Trulia
Annette Lawrence
ReMax Realtec Group
727.420.4041 ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 7, 2010
Bob Movin-On answered:
They are all difficult to deal with. Short sale does not stop the foreclosure process. It takes a while to fully foreclose, show up at court and let the judge know you are trying that can help delay things.

Good Luck
Bob Patrick
Buy a home after foreclosure expert
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 23, 2010
Antonio Vega-Pacheco answered:

Do to the Debt Forgiveness Act, which was extended by president Obama you will "likely" get a 1099 form which forgives your tax consequences (for which you would be responsible if it was an investment home instead).

However all situations are slightly different, so you must consult your accountant and or attorney to get specific details regarding your case. As Realtors we cannot give financial or legal advise.

Tony Vega
Charles Rutenberg Realty
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 24, 2009
Ines De La Cruz answered:
Hi Natalie,
You can talk to your local realtor, go on to real estate track or go to the township where the property you want is located. Make sure you run title to see all the liens on the house before you buy. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 14, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
You may wish to contact an attorney specializing in real estate and seek some sound advice.

0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 28, 2010
Ben Moore answered:

Good evening. While I have not seen the exact letter that you are referencing it sounds like you received notification of your lenders intent to "accelerate" your note. This is typical when payments become past due. I expect that the deadline mentioned in the letter you received is referring to you making the payments current to avoid any further proceedings. I would not expect this to mean that you would be loosing your home to foreclosure on the 22nd of December.

Should you be unable to catch up the note by that date your lender will proceed with the foreclosure process. I would recommend that you speak with an experienced agent in your area, possibly a real estate attorney for advice about your particular situation. While it may appear to be quite bleak, there are still options available to you, but don't wait to get in front of someone that can help.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 17, 2009
Mott Marvin Kornicki answered:
I read recently that some lenders will allow tenants to stay in the property and continue to pay rent until the property is sold. I suggest that you contact the lender and inquire about their policy. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 9, 2009
Diane Gerlich-Rogers answered:
It looks like that home is in pre-foreclosure and being offered as a short sale so it is not owned by the bank. It is listed through MLS and if you are interested you can contact any local Realtor for more information or to arrange a showing. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice