Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

New Port Richey : Real Estate Advice

  • All345
  • Local Info19
  • Home Buying105
  • Home Selling13
  • Market Conditions26

Activity 134
Fri Jul 1, 2011
Bill Szydlowski answered:

Unless you are paying cash, you will need to have employment in order to get a mortgage to buy a home. Once you have the job, the banks will give you some time in between jobs in your job history. I have alot of contacts in the staffing industry here in the Tampabay area, so we could get your resume distributed. Let us know how we can help.

Bill Szydlowski
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 10, 2013
Steven Zimmerman answered:

Good morning. New Port Richey was ‘hit’ no harder that any other Community/town within the area. Also keep in mind there are several different Community types located in NPR from in-City Single Family, the Waterfront/Boating Communities of Gulf Harbors to the West and the ‘Trinity’ areas to the East.
Regarding Condo prices, this also depends on the area of NPR that you are referring to- again, in-land or Waterfront.

Yes, prices have gone down, and may continue into the second and third quarter, but if you are considering buying, depending on your desired price-point, a 10-20% drop will well make itself up when the market rebounds for its always better to buy on the way down, that on the way up.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can assist you further.

Steven Zimmerman Realtor ABR GRI / GULF HARBORS Resident & Specialist / Belloise Tropical Realty
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 7, 2014
Lawrence Scaduto answered:
Hi Andy:

To find out if there is a sinkhole claim, you can search both the Pasco County Appraisers site and look to see if there commercial codes in the section "Additional Land Codes".

Also look at the permitting site for the county: Public Access to Permits: and search for permits for the specific address. Most, but not all, sinkhole claims will show up in one of these sites. A good buyers agent should be able to tell you this information.

If you need more information, or representation, you can contact me or call the county building department.
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 25, 2011
Odette Godin answered:
The rental market is great. There are a lot of tenants out there, the trick is finding a good one.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 1, 2011
George Sentementes answered:
No one on this site is allowed to answer that type of question, either Google the info or check with the police.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 1, 2011
Scott Godzyk answered:
You need to contact them again, have your authoriazation in hand, ask them for a fax you can sent it to immediately. Otherwise your husband needs to get on the phone. They should simiply be able to print out your account payments or email it to you, if they refuse simply ask for a supervisor. As far as overpaying, they may be applying money to late fees or foreclsoure costs and teh money is not being applied to your payments. You can also try and ask for the home retention department, they are not collectors so you will get a different response. They are nicer. Ask if they can help you. Remember no matter how you feel, you have to be nice if you are to get soemone to help you no matter what collections have done in the past ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 1, 2011
Johnny Yankoviak answered:
Hello Gene:

How are you doing?

You can search recently "sold" and "active" listings in your community here on via the stats and trends area.

In addition, you could also check with your local courthouse, if need be.

Hope this helps,

Johnny Yankoviak
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 7, 2010
Odette Godin answered:
Not sure what you mean by the "community going under" but from my experience, the CDD fees are attached to the tax bill and the tax bill is one of the liens that is paid at closing. When the home is sold, either by foreclosure or short sale, all outstanding liens on the home should be paid providing a clear title to the new owner. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 15, 2010
Jeanne Feenick answered:
Photos help to sell homes - and quality and quantity matter.

If you are looking for photos of a particular property, you need to provide more info so we can help you. But to your general inquiry, I say this - they matter greatly and a seller is doing himself/herself a huge injustice if they are lacking in quality or quantity.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 1, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Since no link is visible and no address given, you may wish to ask again--or any local agent can help you, contact any realty office and ask---or try Google Maps.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 10, 2010
Jose Mejia asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 19, 2010
Odette Godin answered:
Of all the communities I've sold in over the past 16 years, just one person has to be 55 or better. Of course, I would confirm this with the specific community prior to purchasing. Best of luck with your purchase. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 7, 2010
Alma Kee answered:
I've seen the rumours that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgages may have something like this in an August Surprise by Obama...
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Aug 7, 2010
Bob Movin-On answered:
They are all difficult to deal with. Short sale does not stop the foreclosure process. It takes a while to fully foreclose, show up at court and let the judge know you are trying that can help delay things.

Good Luck
Bob Patrick
Buy a home after foreclosure expert
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 9, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
What is your agent suggesting--Keep in mind that lenders are looking to get as much money back as possible--you can try disputing the current appraisal and or asking for another, and go from there. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 23, 2010
Antonio Vega-Pacheco answered:

Do to the Debt Forgiveness Act, which was extended by president Obama you will "likely" get a 1099 form which forgives your tax consequences (for which you would be responsible if it was an investment home instead).

However all situations are slightly different, so you must consult your accountant and or attorney to get specific details regarding your case. As Realtors we cannot give financial or legal advise.

Tony Vega
Charles Rutenberg Realty
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 19, 2010
Cameron Piper answered:

There are plenty of people who will tell you that financing is the right option, but if you have the cash, buy the property outright. This nation's addiction to debt has gotten us into and is currently getting us deeper into trouble. Nearly 100% of the houses in foreclosure had mortgages on them. If you absolutely hate not sending that check to the bank every month, you can always get a mortgage after you buy it.

Government incentives create false demand and often the vacume that follows them is a better time to buy than during the incentive program itslef. Take the most recent program for example. Sales fell off so sharply after the program ended that sellers had to reduce their prices in order to attract attention from the few buyers left - often times more than $8K.

Cameron Piper
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 17, 2010
Joanna Morris answered:
If you can purchase outright for cash and still have sufficient funds for own personal security, then try not to mortgage.

However if your goal would be to hold onto some funds for a rainy day, then put down a larger down payment and keep things simple and cheap. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 17, 2010
John Bennett answered:
Wed Oct 13, 2010
Vicky Nann answered:
I suggest finding a local Realtor who will represent you as a buyer, and who will be willing to put in the time to contact listing agents to see if the homeowners would consider a contract for deed. Generally, the home would need to be paid in full (or close to it); many lenders would not want to take the added risk of another borrower on the property. If there IS a mortgage on the property, the lender will need to sign off on a c/d. Sometimes listing agents indicate in the MLS that a property is availabe with seller financing; your agent could narrow down the list by searching for relevant terms. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search Advice