Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

New Haven County : Real Estate Advice

  • All17
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying9
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 432
Sun Apr 14, 2013
Alison Hillman answered:
Hi Neil-

Take a look at the community info we have on Trulia:

Ali, Community manager
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 11, 2013
Joe Fasone answered:
If you are still looking that is info that should take no more than 5 min should you still need it
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 16, 2013
Len Nicoletti answered:
Very difficult question for any real estate professional to answer. Instead of listening to what friends and co-workers may have to say, why not search out the school report and decide for yourself. The school report is very easy to find online and should help you to decide which school system best meets your needs and requirements for your children. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Oct 15, 2012
Judy Mik answered:
That home appears to be under deposit. Yes the taxes are steep but it is a large home with approx 5000 sq. ft of living space.
Are you looking for a vintage home? Let me know your criteria and maybe I can help.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 12, 2012
zezzz98 asked:
Thu Aug 22, 2013
Erika Brown answered:
You may want to check with your realtor/lawyer on that one. Sometimes the buyer can be taking on the mortgage from the sale. In most cases someone going through a short sale would not qualify to purchase a home or the profit would probably not be enough to put down on one.

The little details are what make a difference in this situation. Either way, the seller cannot "pull a fast one" on someone when it comes to contracts. If a seller neglects to disclose required information that could be a breach of contract.

I can't give you actual advice because there are so many factors involved, you should definitely check with your realtor to make sure everything on your end is good.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 10, 2012
Julie Traver Lucia answered:
Hi Reynold, I have alot of experience working with foreclosure, short sales and investors. Would love working with you. Please feel free to contact me at 203-578-5631 or ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Len Nicoletti answered:
Yes there is. As per Connecticut State Statues there is normally a credit of $1,250 for a married couple and $1,000 for a single person per year. You might want to call the Hamden Tax office so as to get the specifics. When speaking to the tax consultant just ask them about the Circuit Breaker Program.

Good luck
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Dec 3, 2012
Judi Starno answered:
Yes, there is. You can call the hamden Town Hall to find out the specifics.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Sep 28, 2013
Fred Corey answered:
Hi John,

Connecticut is the place to do that. The shoreline towns are beautiful and there are some that are considered agricultural communities still, where you can even get USDA loans on homes because there are enough farms in town to fall into the agricultural community category.

Killingworth has places with fair amounts of land, and is often considered the town for horse owners as there many horse friendly properties there. The town website is:

There is also North Branford that has a fair number of active farms of various sizes. The town website is:

Durham is another town that has a good amount of farming still going on. The town website is:

Right on the shoreline is Guilford. Few people that visit think it is a farming community as there is a lot of higher end residential in town, but it still has farms and a great fall Fair that focuses on that. The town site is:

If you have any questions on any of the towns, or would like information on properties available, just let me know. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you as a new farmer to Connecticut in the near future.

Fred Corey
Associate Broker
RE/MAX Alliance
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 27, 2014
Dan Tabit answered:
The best tip I can suggest is to hire the best agent out there. What we do looks easy to many, but believe me there is more to getting top dollar in the least amount of time, staying safe, legal and on track than most people can handle on their own.
When you hire a great agent, you really hire all the agents in your area. Your agent represents you, puts your needs first and will market the property to all the buyers and agents out there. The other agents will work for their clients, so be careful what you tell them. A good agent is a trained listener and will use whatever you tell them against you.
This is a huge transaction and a great agent brings value which will exceed their commission. A bad agent, or none at all will cost you more than just a commission.
... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 14, 2012
Lisa Orme answered:

I assume you have a lease agreement with your landlord. That agreement is between you and him, and the not his bank. His agreement to pay his mortgage is between him and his bank. Until the foreclosure is actually COMPLETE, you are under obligation to pay your monthly rent to your landlord.

Once the foreclosure is complete, your lease is considered terminated. The landlord is also responsible to return your security deposit to you at the termination, but this may be a difficulty, and could lead to a Small Claims court claim.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 11, 2012
Alan May answered:
Unfortunately, in real estate, a verbal agreement isn't worth the paper it's written on. It's just not enforceable.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 5, 2012
Shawn Reed answered:
Send me your email address and I will send you a list of properties you can email me at
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 31, 2012
Phil Zimbardi answered:
Thu Aug 30, 2012
pinksandbaby asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 27, 2012
Janet Cavaliere answered:
You may need flood insurance if you are taking out a mortgage required by the bank but no. This area is built up and doesn't flood. I will confirm that with the town if you would like. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 27, 2012
April Nadeau answered:
The property at 27 Fenton Avenue is currently not listed for sale on the MLS. Let me know what additional information you are looking for, and I would be happy to help you!
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Aug 27, 2012
Eric Radziunas answered:
Good Morning KPerry14,

A few of the homes in the area of 52 Florence Ave are Multi Family homes, meaning they have separate living spaces. Some of these spaces may be next door to one another or one over the other.

52 Florence is a single family home that was just remodeled.

If you are interested in taking a look let me know I would be glad to show it to you.

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice