Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

New Castle : Real Estate Advice

  • All15
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 4
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Matt Huffman answered:
If a property is owned by an individual and they live there, the state offers a homestead exception. If it is their primary property and they have a mortgage they also maybe eligible for a mortgage exception.
Should they pay the house off, the mortgage exception will drop off. If the property is owned by a bank , they do not qualify for those exemptions so it would show no exemption. If the property is not a person's primary home, such as an investment property or vacation home, Normally there are no exceptions available and they are taxed at a higher rate. Please call me if you have further questions.
Matt Huffman 765-524-4985 or
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 16, 2010
Pam Winterbauer answered:
Have you checked with your local Realtor or on craiglist?
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
New Castle Zip Codes