Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Design & Decor in Nassau County : Real Estate Advice

  • All146
  • Local Info9
  • Home Buying81
  • Home Selling8
  • Market Conditions6

Activity 1
Tue Jan 26, 2010
Emmanuel Scanlan answered:
Hello Curious11,

You would actually need to review your insurance policy for that answer. Unless you have special riders and amendments to the policy the best you can hope for is the total replacement cost of the original contents. I have yet to see a policy offered that would pay the salary of an interior designer. Another issue you might face is if you had unusually expensive furnishings (above the norm) for your style residence. If you do not have proof of their value and possession, or additional riders on the policy, the insurance company might balk and not pay for the more expensive items.

You should call your insurance Agent and speak with them about these concerns. If you do not feel they are treating you right then call the NY Insurance Commissioner. NY might have laws allowing you to hire independent adjusters to re-evaluate your claim.

Good luck!

Emmanuel J. Scanlan
PS Inspection & Property Services LLC
214-418-4366 (cell)
TREC License # 7593
International Code Council, Residential Combination Inspector #5247015-R5 (Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing and Building)
Certified Infrared Thermographer (ASNT-TC1A Standards)
Texas Residential Construction Commission, Third Party Warranty Inspector #1593
Texas Residential Construction Commission, Inspector, County Inspection Program
Texas Department Of Insurance, VIP Inspector # 08507061016
Hayman Residential Engineering Services, Field Technician
CMC Energy - Certified Energy Auditor

Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice