Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Nashua : Real Estate Advice

  • All129
  • Local Info7
  • Home Buying52
  • Home Selling8
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 58
Tue Mar 1, 2011
Tim Dolan - Southern NH answered:
Nice apartments at Exit 1 (SpitBrook Road) off of Route 3. Very convenient to Mass. commuting. Exit 1 is very close to shopping and dining. 1 and 2 bedrooms, Prices float from 950 to 1200. I have worked with other relocation clients and they have been happy.

Give me a call and we can talk more. Tim 603-320-6495 Weichert Realtors, Peterson and Associates.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 22, 2013
Dale Doughty answered:
Being here on a temporary work visa will likely not allow you to finance anything through a US lender, including a home. That won't necessarily stop you from buying anything but it is unlikely you will be able to finance.

Becoming a Permanent Resident will open up more possibilities but how to accomplish that will depend on whether you have family here and other factors.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 18, 2011
Scott Godzyk answered:
If you would like to email me direct, i can forward you the listing sheets for what town houses their are for rent in the MLS.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 30, 2014
Richard Dube answered:
It sounds like you've been doing your homework. The greater Nashua area is home to a lot of people who make their living in northern Massachusetts for the very reasons you have cited. Home prices are very reasonable and the quality of life is much higher. We offer cleaner air, excellent schools and hospitals, a much lower crime rate as well as easy access to metropolitan Boston, the seashore and NH ski areas. Please contact me for any information you may need about Nashua, Pelham and surrounding communities. I look forward to assisting you in any way I can. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 20, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
You need to hire an independant apprasiser, not your agent. A BPO shows what houses have sold for in the last 3 months and what houses are currently listed for that are in competition to your home. You need to take the sales comps and narrow them down. Adjust for what you have or dont have that the comsp have, use the comps closest to your home, use the comps closest in being the same style, same size, same condition as yours. You should have been able to get that value down within a narrower margin, Usually no more than 10k. Such as the highest comp should be your asking price and the lowest comp being what you will probabily receive in this market. Where you are listed another agent can not really interfer with your listing agent by completing a bpo for you so you need an appraiser and instruct them to not look at what you are listed at and dont tell them what your offer is. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 20, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
i can refer you to a lender if you need assistance. please feel free to email me direct at

Citimortgage may not be any better than any other lender of the same size though, all large banks and mortgage companies have similar rates and closing costs. It is the service that differs and you should be concerned with.

please see my blog with advice and tips on obtaing a mortgage
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 7, 2010
Chuck Braxton answered:
Dear Yankee:

Not sure what your question is exactly, but here is an important thing to note about buying a mobile home on its own land. The FHA guidelines now require a foundation certification that the home has been properly anchored to the ground. Many sellers do not have a certification and it costs about $600 for an engineer to evaluate what is there (plus the cost of doing a certified foundation anchoring, if not in place now). As far as I know, there is no way to take that on after the sale. The FHA wants the certification prior to transfer of title.

Chuck Braxton, REALTOR GRI
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 5, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
You should be able to go to the nashua city hall and pull up the tax map. You can also search for a copy of the mortgage and addendum that lists the exact dimensions of the lot. I hope this helps. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 5, 2010
Debra B Albert PA answered:
You should be able to access this information at your property appraisers web site. It will have a plat of the property in the tax record.

Debra Albert, PA
Coldwell Banker Residential ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat May 3, 2014
Lori Jeltema answered:
YES! Abosulutely! Make sure you attend your own inspection if possible.
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 13, 2010
David Belman answered:
Most lenders will only allow you to lock the rate for up to 45 to 60 days. You may be able to find a longer rate lock (60 to 120 days) but it will most likely be at a higher percentage rate or have points or fees. Some lenders also allow a float down option so if rates drop lower you can take advantage.

Ideally, now would be an excellent time to lock the rate because they are at historic 50 year lows. Rates are expected to go up in the near future. You might even want to explore closing earlier to take advantage of these fantastic interest rates. You will need a signed contract signed to lock your loan.

Also check with at least 3 lenders and find the one that you are most comfortable with and has the best program for you. Make sure you know whether they are going to portfolio the loan (keep it in house) or sell it on the secondary market. I also assume you are pre-approved so you know your spending limits prior to purchasing. Good luck on your purchase!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 12, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Unfortunately, to buy or rent is a decision only you can make based on your finances, wants, needs, lifestyle--
It’s all about costs and lifestyle. Costs—financing v. moving-in, mortgage v. rent, repairs v. upkeep. Lifestyle—stability v. mobility, predictability v. flexibility, equity v. freedom from debt. It used to be all about equity. Now, there are other variables to consider in the balancing of the buy/rent equation. As for the HOA fees, any local agent can help you--contact any realty office(s) and inquire or contact any local Trulia contributor(s) directly and ask. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 27, 2010
Elizabeth Jarman answered:
The homes in that neighborhood are deceivingly larger than they seem with most having at least 3000 square feet above ground. Agents typically price according to square footage. I live just around the corner from there and know this area very well. I'm happy to talk in person or over the phone.

Elizabeth Jarman, Realtor
Better Homes and Gardens RE
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri May 21, 2010
Catherine Marrone answered:

Are you working with a buyer agent? If so, they should be able to assist you with deriving a value for a re-sale in this neighborhood. If you're not working with a buyer agent, I would encourage you to do so as their professional assistance will greatly assist you in your home purchase process.

Recently, there were two re-sales in the neighborhood. Both homes were built in '06. The sale prices were $430K and $515K.

If you'd like more assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Catherine Condon, Broker NH & MA
Integrity Residential Brokerage
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon May 3, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
Good Morning Charyn,

Other than on the multiple listing i dont know where the DOM for sold properties is posted. If you have some specific properties you have in mind you need DOM for, just send me an email and i can look it up for you. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 19, 2010
Gerard Dunn answered:
Why would you even be involved?

The bank now owns the property and is responsible for it.

The maintenance man is charging rent? It sounds as though the bank may have a problem with that.

Folks in desperate situations are not always reasonable or predictable. I would stay out of it and avoid potential retribution.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 9, 2009
Steven Reddy answered:
Hi Lan

Sorry to hear that, situatons like this are frustrating for you the client and for the contractor. Many contracts have a binding arbitration clause that requires you arbitrate any disputes instead of the more expensive and lengthy court proceedings. I would check your contract for that and if it is there, that is a good avenue to go as each side presents it case in front of a neutral third party. If it is not in the contract than you can suggest it. There is also the less formal mediation process which is a good route if you think the relationship can be salvaged with some outside input. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 13, 2016
Holly Keating answered:
Mrs. Tyler:
Since you knew ahead of time that your landlord was selling the house, the only money you may be entitled to is your security deposit if in fact the property is not damaged. Why would you want the new owner or existing one to go through the eviction process? First of all, you would want to be able to give your new landlord your previous landlords name and phone number so you could get a good reference. Having the landlord evict you will go on your credit report, and make it that much harder for you to get a good reference. Taking you to court for the eviction process is one way to handle getting you out of there, but, I would recommend meeting the new landlord and asking if you can sign a new lease with him,and make sure you pay on time. As a landlord the laws are different in each state, however whenever you dig your heels in and play tough, the landlord will take on a tough attitude as well. It is human nature for people to react the same way they have are being treated. It is much easier to be nice and polite than difficult and defensive. Good Luck ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 9, 2010
Pacita Dimacali answered:
Is there something in your agreement, verbal or otherwise, that the landlord agreed to pay for your moving expenses? If no such agreement exists, I can't imagine how a landlord could be forced to pay for you to move out, particularly since you don't have a lease, and by implication, you are on a month-to-month lease whereby so many days notice to vacate may be sufficient.

If the property is sold, and the owner wants the property delivered vacant, the current owner should give you notice to vacate (depending on your state and how love you've lived there, it could be 30 days notice). If the sale closes while you're still there, then it's up to the new owner to give you notice.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue May 17, 2011
Dale Doughty answered:
The quick answer is "yes." However, your situation is complicated and raises more questions then answers. Also, there may be other ways to transfer the property from him to you that would be less messy, such as a Quit Claim Refinance.

I would be happy to spend some time with you on the phone to discuss your options.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice
Nashua Zip Codes