Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Montana : Real Estate Advice

  • All31
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying13
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 281
Tue Jul 26, 2016
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
I got a 203K loan when I bought my house. And yes, you can get an extension on the work being completed, I believe up to a year. Remember, the bank officials are probably nowhere you geographically, they don't know the weather conditions in Montana. Sounds like it's impossible to replace the roof until spring anyway.

FHA usually assigns someone to oversee the work in increments. The contractor does a part of the work, the inspector comes in, sees that the work was done properly and then releases a portion of the rehab money to the contractor, who then starts the second phase of the job. It's actually quite nice becasue it relieves the homeowner of having to deal with the contractor directly and ensures the job is done right.

I don't know why your appraisal was not ordered in a timely fashion, expect that I know 203 K loans take longer to put together, you have to have repair estimates and an agreement in place with the contractors prior to closing. I don't know whether you can change the type of loan now, and, honestly I don't know that you would want to. The roof and decks sound as though they need to be repaired and/or replaced anyway. It would not be safe for you to live in a home that is in poor condition, the roof could cave in or the decks could collapse. So, unless you have the money to have those repairs done yourself, I would go ahead with the 203K loan, get the work done.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 15, 2010
Patricia C. Laster asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 16, 2012
Zmbrennan answered:
Be certain you check chain of title and know what additional liens are on the property, check easements, past sales and be sure you personally see the property before you bid.
Auctions are more complex than they seem. If you are not a local expert, you probably need to find one to help you on this for your own protection. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 23, 2010
David Chiles answered:
Contact a local agent for information on Sales in Montana because all that information is tracked by the MLS. A good local agent should be able to provide you with all that information for free. Another reputable real estate data source is DataQuick. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 12, 2010
Alfonso asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 7, 2010
Rick Jessen answered:
According to our MLS, one of the units was on the market for 154 days, but did not sell, and the listing was cancelled.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 5, 2010
Victoria asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 23, 2011
Damian Forrester answered:
Yes, feel free to visit my website and contact me for a list.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 15, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
These items should have all been addressed on your purchase and sales agreement when you made the offer. Anything you can see with teh naked eye that would not pass the FHA appraisal/inspection should be addressed before they find them, hidden defects such as termites, well, septic etc are the only issues that could affect your purchase if everything else is addressed up front. if there is that much stuff, you may want or need a fha 203k to get money to fix them.... ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 26, 2010
Craig asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 16, 2010
Patk asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 6, 2010
Freddie Oneal Jenkins asked:
Mon Jul 19, 2010
Jeff Bent answered:
If you can provide me with the address of the home you are interested in I can gather the information you need.
Jeff Bent Realtor
Realty Executives
406-579-4977 ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 19, 2010
Linda Kang answered:
Hello Red_as_copper,
I recomend that you talk to your lawyer. It seems that contract gives you right to cancel because the seller didn't meet the dead line. But it's better to talk to your lawyer about your concerns. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 1, 2010
Mack McCoy answered:
We don't know; the contract rules, RAC. You're certainly out of the appraisal money the moment the appraisal is ordered - appraisers get paid.

Talk to your agent, get clarity on the dates and the obligations, and accept that the inspectors and anybody you hired to help you evaluate the property, including the appraisers, get paid whether you buy the home or not.

All the best,
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 21, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
If your agent is away, and are not satisfied with the answers from the agent temporarily filling in, contact the broker owner or office manager of the realty office and express all your concerns--or you may wish to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate and see exactly what options you may have.. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Dec 22, 2012
Rick Ahmann & Associates answered:
I suspect it's because of the variety of sports and activities that take place there. With everything from fishing for trout and walleye to wakeboarding and water-skiing, that';s just the tip of the proverbial iceberg! We see people para-sailing, kite-sailing, sailboating, wind boarding, etc - and that's just the summer. In the winter they even have a sailing craft for the top of the ice!

The lake is in the mountains and the North end and on the plains at the South end. There is really something there for everyone!

Hope that helps!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 20, 2013
David Fetveit answered:
The best records site is
You can search by owner name, address, tax assessor number...etc. Good luck!
David Fetveit
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon May 31, 2010
Don Tepper answered:
Here's a blog I wrote on how to find lease-option properties:

Hope that helps. ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 31, 2013
Wilma Mixon Hall answered:
Hi, have you found your home in Ronan? I just joined Trulia and saw this inquiry posted. If I can help,. I'm in Polson 406-883-3346. thank you, Wilma
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
... 7 8 9 10 11 ...
Search Advice