Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Monmouth County : Real Estate Advice

  • All55
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying34
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 840
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Arthur Kille asked:
I am looking at properties in NJ and this was offered under the remarks of one listing: "BULK VARIANCE REQUIRED TO CONVERT TO SINGLE FAMILY USE"

I uncovered some information...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 13, 2013
Bernadette Lemke answered:
What are you looking for, have you been per qualified for a mortgage? Want to make sure you are looking for what you can afford. And what your criteria is.
Bernadette Lemke
Prudential zack shore properties
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 12, 2013
Anthony Jankowski, GRI, CRS, answered:
HI, thanks for your question. firstly, what do you mean by "in Tenn"?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jun 4, 2013
Peggy Moser answered:
Yes...Middletown is near The Parkway. In fact we are near two exits. Exit 109 and Exit 114.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Carol Dunleavy answered:
There was no water damage to homes fronting Wesley Lake (lake ave) - across from Asbury Park. the lake actually went down and the homes are about 18 feet above the lake.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 6, 2013
drcho2112 asked:
If I find out on the back-end that some off the work described in the HUD scope of work was never done and/or was done poorly and some of it not to code. If both I and the HUD consultan...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 30, 2014
Laura Feghali answered:
By Fair Housing laws, real estate agents cannot comment on whether a neighborhood is considered "safe". I suggest that you contact the local police department to hear first-hand about the frequency and types of crimes in that area to make that determination yourself.

Best wishes!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 24, 2013
Andrew Tisellano answered:
Not sure why this came up in New Jersey. Try reposting the question in Maryland.

also ask your attorney
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 15, 2015
Mary Mottola answered:
I would be happy to assist you. I am an agent with Weichert Realtors in the area. You may contact me at 732-859-5600. Mary
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 28, 2013
Alison Hillman answered:
Hi there-

I would recommend you work with an agent, hope this helps:

Ali, Community Manager
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon May 13, 2013
carolle donofrio answered:
I would be happy to send you listings.
Please foward me your e-mail and price range.

Regards,Carolle Donofrio
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 16, 2013
Mary O'Malley-Joyce answered:

There is an application process but below is a link to a brief overview if you want to own a low income home. This is the link to the applications. There are income guidelines based on family size. If you would like to call me we can move forward with additional research to get you started. My cell number is (908) 247-4233. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Feb 18, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
There are two reasons why you should do nothing until the Escrow Closes:
(And the Seller/Bank will agree)
1. it isn't your house yet and it may never be,
2. You aren't covered for Insurance if anything happens.

So the Listing Agent should not be willing to give you a key.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 16, 2013
Bill Feehan- SELL & SAVE on COMMISSIONS! answered:
If anyone is thinking of selling their home that is now in a flood zone, you will need to get a Flood Elevation Certificate. A buyer can still get a mortgage, but the mortgage company will require flood insurance. If the home is below the ABFE, the new home owner's flood primium will increase for every fott below the ABFE. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 14, 2013
Susan McLaughlin answered:
In Neptune, you will get the residential Certificate of Occupancy as the inspector leaves you. The inspector signs it and hands you the C.O.

Just make sure you double check the following items - easy things you don't want to fail on.
Make sure the smoke detectors are operating - and that they are less than 5 years old. You can open the detector and check the sticker inside. Check your carbon monoxide detector and kitchen fire extinguisher. Make sure your windows are operating, etc. The list of things that the C.O. inspector looks for are strictly safety issues, which is a different focus from the home inspector working for your buyers. Hope this helps.

Susan McLaughlin
732-768-1068 Cell
Keller Williams Realty - East Monmouth
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 9, 2013
Keith Jean-Pierre answered:
I would suggest you call your insurance company.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 8, 2013
Susan McLaughlin answered:
There are two townhouses for sale, taxes on the higher one are $4,263. You should know this townhouse has COAH deed restrictions, please give me a call for more information. I sold 2 of the 5 market sale townhouses and can assist you with this one.

Susan McLaughlin
732-768-1068 Cell
Kelller Willliams Realty - East Monmouth
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Andrew Tisellano answered:
The only form you need when you sell your home is at the closing.

When you file your income taxes there may be a form but you can get that with any tax software
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 31, 2013
Valentina Gabela answered:
Hi Maria
There is an old farmhouse on this property if I am correct. It is available for sale. It has been on the market on and off since 2010 starting at $657,000. It has been lowered considerably.

I can show you this weekend or weeknights if you like

I can also send you more information on this and other properties.

... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 29, 2013
Valentina Gabela answered:
The advisory flood maps were released in dec. showing your new base flood elevation if you are in a flood zone. This is advisory and only enforced if town adapts to this new bfe. The required flood maps are coming out in 2014. If your house is not at the new elevation and you had substantial damage from this flood they could make you raise your house to get flood insurance.
Hope this helps. Contact me for more details. This is very complicated and took long to completely answer here

Val Gabela
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice