Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Moncks Corner : Real Estate Advice

  • All42
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 19
Tue Oct 29, 2013
Scott Ferguson answered:
Shoot me an e-mail to and I'll send you info on what's available!
Scott Fergsuon
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 19, 2012
Spence & Theresa Reese answered:
Hey Josh
I have a lender you can call that works 24/7 his name is Gabe with 1st Home Mortgage located in Mt. Pleasant give him a quick call or text and he can answer that for you, all lenders aren't the same. My contact info. is below if you want to call me to see if you are really getting a good value on your home, I have one listed in that area that is about 1900 sq.ft. going for around $125K and is practically a new home.

Spence Reese
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue May 8, 2012
Scott Ferguson answered:
Thu Nov 3, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Since no link is visible, either directly contact the listing agent, or any local agent/realty office can also help, they al have access to the same information.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 29, 2013
Sean Jager answered:

There are a couple I would recommend. One is called Sterling Forest, I can find a house for you in your price range and I would be glad to help you.

If you want to give me call I can be reached at 843-324-1633.

How soon would you like to look? Also, have you spoken with a mortgage company?

I look forward to hearing from you tomorrow.

Have a great night.

Sean Jager
Premier Estates Real Estate
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 5, 2012
Don Tepper answered:
I'm not a lawyer, so this isn't legal advice. For that, you need a lawyer. However . . .

If you default, the bank forecloses. He will lose the house and your credit will be adversely affected.

Remember, though, that if he has some money, he's certainly allowed to pay the mortgage or to give you the money to pay it. But if it doesn't get paid, the house is lost.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 29, 2013
Bruce L. Bowers answered:
To assume the payment on the mortgage of another person they must first have a mortgage that is assumable. Many mortgages are not. Those that are assumable fall into two categories - those that require qualifying and those that do not. The "do not " kind are becoming rare. Generally in today's low interest environment it is generally better to get a new mortgage if you are qualified. If not, then you can hope to find someone with a mortgage that can be assumed without qualifying. The other downside is that generally those are older loans with high equity so you would likely have to pay a good bit down. Recommend you sit down wity a good mortgage person and discuss your specific situation with him or her. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 19, 2010
Mark Brian answered:
As with most things in life, it it sounds too good to be true.........

I would suggest that you just Google the phrase "rent to own scams", there is a great amount of information that may help you.

Good luck and best wishes!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 17, 2010
Justpassinthrough asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed May 26, 2010
Fred Glick answered:
Yes, Congress is working on the proposal now.

Additionally, they are working it out that it will be self funding and the upfront mortgage insurance premiums will probably go up.

Fred Glick ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 17, 2012
Terry Hardesty answered:
There are always buyers interested in purchasing. The real question could be stated as "is someone willing to any buy any particular property at a price agreeable to the seller"?

In the strong buyers market we live in today that is a complex question based on price, condition of the property, location, financing, schools, taxes, marketing, etc.

I hope you find someone who contacts you through your post and buys your home at the price you want. If you become frustrated and want someone to help, let me know.

Terry Hardesty
Carolina One Real Estate
567 Crowfield Blvd
Goose Creek, SC 294456
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 26, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Why not check Walmart's web site and/or check by zip code for the nearest location.

0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 5, 2009
Terri Seignious answered:
I own and sell a good deal of land as well as I represent a number of horse farm owners so this is just one opinion. I would clear out the junky trees and leave all nice hardwoods or oaks alone. It is much easier to sell property when its cleaned up and buyers can actually walk it or see what the potential is for a home site, barn, pastures etc.
If clearing it becomes too expensive then at least have it bush hogged or gyrotracked as much as possible so they can see the boundaries of the property etc.Since I have not seen it I don't know how dense the trees are.
If the house is in need of a lot of repair then possibly donate it or have it moved. More than likely your buyer will want to build their own if is is nice land.
I have some lots listed in River Run on Johns Island that have been groomed. Photos are on The developer did a really super job of cleaning up this property so it will give you an idea of improved raw land.
Good luck with your project.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 1, 2009
Dana Schuster answered:
Any type of home qualifies--SFH,condo,mobile,even houseboat..
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 30, 2009
Laura Sargent answered:
It's a tough market for sellers right now and I understand your dilema. Please contact me at:

I'd be happy to give you some specific information.

My best,
Laura Sargent
Carolina One Real Estate
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 28, 2009
Pam Bass answered:
It is difficult to do a market analysis without actually seeing your home and knowing what subdivision you live in. Based on the information that you have given your home should be in the $100,000 - $140,000 price range. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 13, 2009
Randall Sandin answered:
Hi Beth - This is a question that a lot of people are asking. My first advice would be for her to call Countrywide and request someone in the Loss Mitigation Department and explain to them the situation. There is a lot of arguing on what qualifies as loan modification and who is eligible. Stats are showing that most people are not helped that much but right now you do not know until you ask as this is a new thing for everyone including the banks.

Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance,

Randall Sandin, 843-209-9667,
Carolina One Real Estate
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 20, 2007
Lisa Thompson answered:
Deborah, is this vacant land? If so, it may be a good time to list your property. There is a lot of developing going on in the area. Give me a call with more details and I'll do an analysis for you. 843/270-2221. Lisa ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Moncks Corner Zip Codes