Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Modesto : Real Estate Advice

  • All424
  • Local Info38
  • Home Buying141
  • Home Selling24
  • Market Conditions16

Activity 26
Sun Dec 16, 2012
Alvena Maryam Safar answered:
Hi there... This link is not for one specific property. It is just showing that there is a home on Wilmington Way that is scheduled for foreclosure auction. I believe it is referring to 3901 Wilmington way... It is scheduled to foreclose soon. It is 1725 Square feet, 3 bedrooms 3 bathrooms built in 1990. After it forecloses and if it reverts back to the bank then it might come on the market somewhere between $140,000 to $160,000 depending on the condition. Hope this helps! Let me know if you'd like to discuss this further or look for something else.


Alvena Maryam Safar | Broker | CalPrime Realty
Office (209) 622-0769 | Mobile (209) 612-8109| eFax (866) 458-0798|
3507 Tully Rd. Unit # 60 Modesto, CA 95356 | DRE# 01509140 |
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 14, 2013
Tina Lam answered:
If you're looking for an answer to a legal question, you'll have to check with a real estate attorney who's allowed to advise you. Since you don't own the house anymore, you shouldn't be taking anything permanently attached to the property with you. You could discuss this with the new owners, but I doubt they'll pay you anything for property that they already own. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 18, 2012
kailacknudsen asked:
Hi my name is Kaila, owner of BPS
Rental Clean up & Eviction Cleaning/Handyman Services

We are Best Preservation Services, located in Modesto, CA. Please visit our website at www.bpsmo...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 13, 2012
Rick Hudson answered:
Hello Doug, 917 Foxcroft Lane, Modesto is "Off Market" in the MLS. If you are interested, please call me at 209-985-1898 and I will be happy tho help you find the house you need.
Rick Hudson
Century 21 M&M and Assoc.
605 Standiford Ave.
Modesto, CA 95350
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 18, 2015
Lauryn Eadie answered:
You should have received a notice of default letter from the bank. If not you can try to contact the local courthouse or check your local tax records. However it sometimes can take months for the local tax records to be updated with the transfer information.

You might also want to check with the lender that foreclosed on the home and ask them for more information. You can also ask them for any necessary paperwork you will need for tax filing purposes.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed May 22, 2013
Daniel Guevara answered:

I understand exactly where you are coming from. It can be very difficult to know what decision is the best for you in this situations. I have helped quite a few families/individuals over the last 4-5yrs with a similar scenario. I think to help you answer this question, I would have to say that it depends on whether you are looking for a short term (3-5 yrs) or long term (5yrs +) solution. When banks give/approve a loan modification they are counting on you (homeowner) staying in your home 5-7 yrs minimum. They hope that the real estate market & economic market improves considerably (within the next 7 yrs) & by then most homeowners will be selling the home/financially more stable to afford keeping it. That is why most modifications (like HAMP) will give homeowners a very low interest rate (approx. 2-2.5%) for the first 5 yrs. & then increases gradually 1% annually (to approx. 5-6% max for the remaining years of the 30-40yr term). I'm not sure what type of modification you are being offered? However, I would recommend that you look at your long term financial goal & ask yourself....Do I want to continue to make this payment ($?/month) for the remaining term of the loan? OR, Do I want to plan on relocating within the next 5-7 yrs anyway I would benefit from short selling my home now? And be in a position where I can rent for some time, live where I want/need to be, and be in a position in a few years to buy a home again & buy a home where I will have a more affordable home payment & possibly even a larger home for a lower price? These are all very important questions you may want to ponder on. If you would like to talk more about this, please feel free to call me to discuss in more in details all of your options and/or set up an appointment to meet? Hope this helps.

Thanks for reaching out.

Look forward to serving you,

Dan Guevara
Brothers Real Estate
Modesto, CA
209-312-7809 Cell
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 4, 2011
Cynthia Bell answered:
It depends on state laws. You need to speak with your Realtor. Have you reached out to your lender to let them know you are trying to sell your home?

The bank really doesn';t want your home back, if you & your realtor are working to get you home sold let your bank know!

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 4, 2010
Elizabeth Herbert answered:
There are many reasons to do a Short Sale, but the most common one that I've seen has been that the house cannot be sold for what is owed because the market won't support that price. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 17, 2010
Monir Mamoun answered:
Not really frozen Richard. Foreclosure freeze is not having much affect because it's a delayed effect anyway.

FHA is exploding right now, and HomePath options are pretty popular too.

In fact anyone with decent credit, certainly 620+ with an decent income, is pretty much able to get into a variety of good situations these days.

Main impact will be in the next year or so as this so call "freeze" begins to unfreeze and the shadow inventory comes back on the market.

You might like my blog -- The Cult of Shadow Inventory. Link below. Good luck!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 1, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Did you have a lease agreement--you may wish to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate and check out any legal rights you may have--at the same time, do look for another place to call home. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 22, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
If you are looking at a RealtyTrac ad-- Keep in mind that RealtyTrac's information may not always accurate and oftentimes misleading--you could be looking at a lis pendens property--notice of default--or possibly some kind of filing fee, etc., some of those properties may not be for sale yet, and some may never be, if the default is satisfied by the owner. If you are interested in foreclosures, work with an agent--he/she will have access to reliable information--also don't overlook traditional sales as some may turn out to be a much better bargain than some of the foreclosure properties. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 13, 2009
Matthew Bartlett answered:
Hi Mms,

No, this transaction would not be considered at arms length. If I may be of help referring you to a local Realtor you may reach me by email at Best wishes!

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 17, 2013
Bill Eckler answered:

This is a situation probably best referred to your CPA or real estate attorney for the most reliable information.

Good luck
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 20, 2009
The Hagley Group answered:
you may find answers to frequently asked questions at the site below
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 20, 2009
Aaron Juarez answered:
It sounds like you need a real estate professional or an attorney to speak to. I would start by calling a local agent or broker and explain the situation to them. If they can not help you, maybe they could put you in contact with a local real estate attorney. Good luck ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri May 17, 2013
blaison samuel answered:
NO!! The lender will always notifies the trustee sale, they also send the notice of default even 3 months before the trustee sale. Are you looking to buy a home or wants to sell your house?

Blaison Samuel
Certified Short Sale Specialist
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 24, 2009
Gregory Saunders answered:
It really depends on what your intentions are. Are you going to try and work out a modification or something with your lender? Is so, you probably need to keep paying for those expenses. If things work out you will be paying them eventually.

However, it you plan to leave you may want to consider hanging on to those resources as you will need everything you can to get back on good financial footing. What you may or may not know is that if your lender finds out that there is no homeowners insurance in place they will insure the property through a Force Placed Insurance Policy.

The bottom line is to always consult an attorney and/or finance professional that can give you some sound guidance as to the financial impact on your situation.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 20, 2009
Shar Rundio answered:
Ohhhh, there is hope and assistance out there for you!

In many cases your lender may actually be trying to contact you to help work something out. I would encourage you to talk to your lender to see if they are willing to work with you toward a loan modification or a short sale at the very least.

Be careful as there are a lot of people out there preying on people in your situation but there really is help. If you'd like assistance finding a reputable Realtor or Home Retention Consultant in your area, please feel free to call or email me!

With Your Success in Mind,

Shar Rundio
Keller Williams Integrity First Realty
Twitter: @sharrundio
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 13, 2009
Andy answered:
Clarify something first. Are you the buyer or if you are the agent? Do you have CA real estate license?
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 2, 2009
Tyler Flaherty answered:
Contact a local agent and work with them on what you are looking for. They will do the rest for you and create a hotsheet for you so that properties are automatically emailed to you.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Foreclosure in Modesto Zip Codes