Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Mesquite : Real Estate Advice

  • All144
  • Local Info14
  • Home Buying22
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions4

Activity 64
Mon Apr 25, 2011
Bruce Lynn answered:
It might cause you a problem as it may show late payments or slow payments or not current.
What does your loan officer say.
Was it on your credit report?

You need to check with your new lender to see if it is a problem or not. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 9, 2010
John Collins answered:
Sun Nov 7, 2010
Dallas Texas answered:
I am unconfirmed what you mean my "cleaning up the streets" ? If a house violates city or area code report to the city.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu May 14, 2015
Desari Jabbar answered:
As long as the home is in good condition with minimal repairs needed, then you can indeed use a VA loan to purchase a home.

Best of luck to you!
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 6, 2010
Dallas Texas answered:
Against professional code of ethics for a Realtor to make any comment however you can check Police Department website for that info.

I work with many individuals and families for leasing AS an apartment locator we give cash back up to $500

Few links

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 2, 2010
Patricia McCrite answered:
Here is a great way to find out about an area. Check with the local police department and see what goes on in the area. They can give you a realistic insight to the area and address your concerns. You can also google the area and do some homework that will expose the information you are searching for. As a REALTOR, we are not at liberty to reveal such information but I can tell you how to find what you may be looking for. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 7, 2010
Dallas Texas answered:
I believe that would a different type of loan I don't believe that Homepath offers these types of loans.

Best review all these questions with your buyers agent.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu May 24, 2012
Bruce Erickson answered:
I would be glad to help you find a good agent for your specific needs. I live in Mesquite for over 30 years and have been in real estate for over 20 years so I should be able to find the right one for you.

Please give me a call at 214-213-6382 or email

Bruce Erickson
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 10, 2010
Jared Groce answered:
2644 Cumberland Trail in Balch Springs in currently under contract.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 4, 2013
Bill Eckler answered:

Your best course of action may be to visit other builders and evaluate their offerings. Armed with this information, you will be in a good position to present your case.

Builders DO NOT like to lose a buyer to another company and will often look for ways to influence your decision and bring you into their community.

A real estate professional's involvement will likely be able to improve your likelyhood of getting a better deal.
So, invest some time, collect the facts, involve your own agent, and negotiate.....but negotiate from the standpoint of trying to determine the company with the best product, reputation, and value.

Good luck,

... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 11, 2010
Lori Lewis answered:
Wed Jul 7, 2010
Dan Chase answered:
A short sale is when someone owes more on a property than it is worth.
The bank agrees to take less than is owed for the sale.

They can take almost forever to get done, and even then the bank has every right to refuse any and all offers and often will. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 29, 2015
Al Akerman answered:
Rent to own is where you move into a home as a tenant with the intention to eventually own the home.

You would pay rent plus a few extra dollars every month that would be applied towards a downpayment. At a later point in time you would proceed with getting financing and take over ownership of the home.

Owner financing is when you buy a home without a lending institution.

You would give the owner say 10 or 20% down (or whatever you negotiate with them) and pay them the balance over time.

With owner financing you actually own the home immediately.

Hope this was helpful.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 13, 2010
Michael Russell answered:
Once you get out of dallas county you subtract Parkland and Dallas Community Colleges from your tax liabilty. You haven't mentioned which way out of Dallas;north,south,east or west. Therefore it is hard for me to comment further since that leaves open soo many options. Best of luck to you. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 11, 2009
T.E. & Naima Sumner answered:
The first thing you need to do is call your mortgage company and start communicating with them. Explain your hardship and see if they will work with you to do a modification. That means they may lower your interest rate and put everything you are behind back into the morgage.

The second option is to sell your house as a short sale. Feel free to call me and I can explain further.

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 20, 2009
Dallas Texas answered:
Sure love speak direct with you . We have many programs for real estate services:

a) Seller flat fee $795 list your home and represent you as a full 3% listing agent
b) Buyer's rebate program earn up to 50% of our commissions.

I need all details determine what works best for you

Visit my website you can read about my credits and bio
Lynn A. Crosby ~ National Featured Realtor
"...Specializing in Residential, Commercial Properties and Loans..."
Dallas Realtor, and Credit Repair Consultant -
The Michael Group - "Dallas Business Journal 08' list top realtors"
Dallas Loan Officer -
Dallas Real Estate Website: 60,000 listings Dallas homes for sale
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 23, 2009
. answered:
Hi Caseyrai,

Buying a home in January, it will depend on the interest rates available then. If you'd consider buying a home/town home now, I can tell you that interest rates do vary depending upon your debt to income ratio, credit, and lending guidelines for your loan. A HUD home can be purchased right now for $100 down. The federal government has issued an $8,000 homebuyer tax credit for qualifying homebuyers. There are all kinds of great programs out there right now coupled with low interest rates. Why wait until January?

For a $70,000 home, if you go conventional at a 6% interest rate and put down less than 20%, add homeowner taxes, add homeowners insurance, your looking at a number close to $600-700 a month total.
However, it will depend on the tax rate for the city you choose, average across the metroplex ranges from 2-3%. It also depends on how much you put down, and your credit, and the loan program you go with.

As a Realtor, I can help you find just the right house and acquire it. A lender can help you with the lending. I have found that a lot of people like Katie with CMC Lending, she specializes in First Time Homebuyers and programs available, as well as buyers buying a new build home. Her website is: www. and you can make loan application on her website.

Email me and let me know what types of homes you would like!
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 25, 2016
Tommy Burris answered:
If there needs to be any repairs, the seller(usually a bank) do not want to make any repairs.
I have seen some instances that they were done.
You need a good realtor with an eye for the things that VA will want repaired.

Let me know if you need a referral to a good realtor over there.

And please feel free to follow up with more specific questions!!

Tom Burris
Mortgage Banker
... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 27, 2009
Maria Morton answered:
Yes, the financing addendum will need to be removed, the mortgage lender will need to be notified, the title company will need to be notified, the contract may need to be either rewritten or amended to reflect the change in terms. A Letter of Guaranteed Funds, or other acceptable proof of funds, will need to be added to the contract. The sellers will need to agree to accept a cash offer. Call your agent immediately so that they can get this done. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 22, 2008
T.E. & Naima Sumner answered:
Elizabeth, The listing agent is responsible for the posting. You probably want to contact him/her. If it's on here, it may be on other sites too.

0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4
Search Advice