Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Media : Real Estate Advice

  • All47
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying13
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 12
Wed Sep 21, 2016
Abigail Manero answered:
Good afternoon,

I hope this message finds you well.

I believe I am local to your location.

Send me an email with your name, number and I would be happy to assist you with the home buying/selling process. Another great asset to my Real Estate profession are my contacts through various mortgage brokers and vendors. I work closely with all parties involved to guarantee a smooth transaction.

Hoping to hear from you soon,

Abigail Manero
Century 21
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 14, 2013
R. Eric Axelson answered:
Hi Shirley, if you reach out to me tomorrow, I will put you in touch with MY mortgage guy. He WILL get back to you and I will keep tabs to see what your next step needs to be. Send me an email when you get a chance.

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
856.979.5967 m
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 18, 2012
Riccardo Wardlow answered:
That's going to depend on several factors. Your lender, the attorneys involved, the bank, etc. no really good answer on this, just educated guesses.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 3, 2012
Suzi King answered:
When selling a home most townships require a Use and Occupency inspection which is an inspection done by the municipality and most of the time the cost of the inspection and any required repairs are taken care of by the seller. In cases where the house is being sold as is, short sale, or foreclosure then those costs usually fall on the buyer. A typical inspection runs $50-$100. Each township checks for different things. Typically it's smoke detectors, railings, and things like broken windows. Is the house you are looking at in Media? I can send you a list of what the township inspects. Feel free to call or email me with any questions! And Happy House Hunting!
Suzi King
Keller Williams Media
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 18, 2012
Alan Openshaw answered:

I can recommend several experienced appraisers. What are you looking to accomplish?

Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa 18966
215 953 0800
cell 267 992 7276
NMLS ID 143960
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 16, 2011
Andrew Himes answered:
A good buyer's agent will help you negotiate these items. If you go there without representation on your 1st visit you will have the on site agent "represent you". This agent works for the builder and is trying to get the best deal for them and will not be working for you. I have clients that just sold their home here in Collegeville and were able to negotiate some items in that very Toll Brothers Community in Media. Any other questions, feel free to ask. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 3, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Unfortunately a decision only you can make--you, need to consider the economic factors of your lifestyle that would impact on your individual comfort level of affordability. A mortgage outside your budgetary constraints can dramatically alter your overall living conditions. So, be sure to factor micro and macro economic concerns into your mortgage amount deliberations. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 27, 2015
Andrew Himes answered:

This is a great question, but it really comes down to 2 things. First, how much of your monthly income would you be comfortable paying for your housing expenses to continue living a lifestyle that you are comofrtable with. I say this b/c you might qualify for a mortgage that might be more than this amount. This is the best way to figure out how much house you want to buy. Second, you will want to talk to a reputable local lender that will meet face-to-face with you to discuss the loan options that are available to you. Keep in mind that the monthly mortgage payment will include, principal and interest, home owners insurance and taxes. Depending on how much money you put down it can also include mortgage insurance. If you use an FHA loan product that requires the least amount of down payment 3.5% or other loan products that generally require at least 5% down.

If you have any additional questions please feel free to let me know.

Andrew Himes, CRS, ABR, e-PRO
Prudential Fox & Roach Realtors
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 27, 2009
Terrence Charest answered:
None... you purchase the home paying for inspections, pay half of the transfer tax, title costs, etc. No certificates.

Some municipalities require a certificate of occupancy, but this is typically the seller's responsibility to get.

Hope that helps,

Terrence Charest, e-Pro®
Century 21 Associates
905 Easton Road
Willow Grove, PA 19090
Cell (Preferred): 877.614.1494
Office: 215.659.5250
Fax: 215.659.5550
“Giving to Those Who Gave”
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 9, 2009
Mark Barone answered:
To the Hob: Yes as a Real Estate Associate Broker I know the history of this property. The problem is we as agents are limited to the information allowed to offer, UNLESS we have a Buyer Agency Contract signed with a buyer. The New Agency Disclosure Law (Act 112) officially signed into Legislation in 1999. We agents and brokers have a fiduciary duty along with (COALD) duties to all our clients. As a consumer/customer you are only provided factual information and is entitled to fair and honest dealings. As a client you would receive advice, counsel and a guide for future action and conduct. We would also investigate any property and its history in order for you the client to make an informed offer on the property. Hope this helps you in your real estate endeavors. Call me to discuss further. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 4, 2008
Terrence Charest answered:
Delaware County should be in the TReND MLS and seeing that you are a Real Estate Pro, you can fix it. When looking at the listing, there is a couple of words in blue underneath the photo field stating "Accuracy Issue". Click on that and you can report ANY accuracy issues for the listing.

I have used it several times.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 3, 2012
Chris & Stephanie Somers answered:
The buyer broker should still be compensated the same way, from the sellers proceeds from the agreed upon percentage that was decided between the seller and Help U Sell. In many cases. it is similar to a FSBO where the owner agrees to compensate the buyers broker. For the most part, the seller handles most of the activity but pays Help U Sell to get it on the MLS. Help U Sell, to the best of my knowledge, will provide very limited services besides putting the property in the MLS to the seller. From a sellers perspective, this may work well in strong sellers markets but not so good in current market conditions. Basically, from what I have seen, you get what you pay for... ... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Media Zip Codes