Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Mchenry County : Real Estate Advice

  • All9
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 176
Mon Jun 24, 2013
Sam & Eliza Othman answered:
You can get permission from seller to install the unit by providing the seller "Hold harmless clause" and specify when you are going to install, time and date. The seller should grant you permission to do so. This should happen right after signing loan docs. You must close. We do it all the time ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 27, 2009
Edith Karoline Jasser answered:
Not enough information to give you a good answer...
Are you the seller or the buyer?

what is your concern?
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 26, 2009
Lesley Denney answered:
Good Morning Jennifer,

Are you represented by an agent? Your agent can help you with your answers. If you are not represented by an agent, maybe you could contact the Broker of the Buyers agent and voice your concerns.

I do hope you get some answers to your dilemma.
Good Luck!
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 16, 2009
Bill Eckler answered:

Give us a call...a brief conversation will clarify much of your concern. This is truly a great time to be considering purchasing a home. We just wrote an offer on a "foreclosed" property in Port Charlotte yesterday, a 3/2/2 home constructed in 2001 with an asking price of $69,900.

This price probably doesn't even cover the costs of building materials. We would be happy to share similar opportunities. Give us a call.

Best regards,
Susan & Bill Eckler
Michael Saunders & Company
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 1, 2011
Scott Godzyk answered:
you can use a certified appraisal or a brokers price oppinion to get the information you need. as well you can get a copy of the listing sheet of the sold property, that will detail what you need. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 19, 2008
Laura Karambelas answered:
Hi Brian-

According to our MLS that home is still listed as "contingent financing" and is not showing a closed status as of this morning.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 10, 2011
Dallas Texas answered:
You dont need an attorney could most likely locate a realtor in the area represent you. Bank would pay your realtors fees. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 24, 2008
Staci Wolff answered:
There are some really great buys in the rural areas of McHenry county right now. I would love to share some of them with you! If you would like, I can email some property listings to you so you can get a feel for what is available in your price range. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 3, 2017
Deana Truppa answered:
Go to the Search in the MLS/MRED and go to Property Type and look at the drop down, find your desired search.

Hope this helps.....

Take Care,
Deana Truppa
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 24, 2010
Keith Sorem answered:
I do not work in your market, nor do I know your relocation company's policy, which should be reviewed before you respond.

That being said, there are a number of options that you have, and your relocation company and Realtor would be the best sources of advice.

Generally speaking if you are in a buyers' market (where there are more homes than buyers), you have a couple of options:
1. Reject the offer
2. Accept the offer with the sell contingency
3. Accept the offer with a provision that the buyers need to lower the price of their home a set percentage per weeks until it sells. 1% per week might do the trick, although 2% might be better. Most homes that do not sell are overpriced.
4. Accept the offer with the condition that it be "Right of First Refusal". That means that you agree on a sales price, and also the condition that you will continue to market the property, if another offer comes in then the buyers have 24 hours to remove their sell contingency or you will take the newer, better offer.

You can see that each one of these has pros and cons, so discussing these with your Realtor and Relo company is a must.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 14, 2008
Dallas Texas answered:
You can check the county tax assessor website where it would detail tax rates, and etc.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 7, 2009
Meems answered:
We are both a buyer and seller. Keep in mind that almost every buyer who makes an offer has had to (or will need to) accept a SIGNIFICANT loss on their previous/current home.

If you can't compete with foreclosures best not to get into the market right now. Regardless of what a realtor might tell you... it's foreclosure properties that are selling. ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 26, 2008
Joseph Boguszewski answered:
It is alway more advantageous to use owner financiaing if you have a Seller willing to do so.
You will need to give the Seller a down payment. Or, you can agree to a lease purchase where 10%, 20% or more of your monthly rental will go toward the down payment amount. Once you have reached the initial down payment figure with the Sellers, you can then purchase the property with owner financing or with a mortgage from a financial insitution. It is always better to utilize ower financing. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 23, 2008
Nam answered:
Really? Ask them for a new Good Faith Estimate and Truth-In-Lending. Go talk to another loan officer about it that is familiar with your state's lending laws and regulations. Make them show you everything in writing and ask other loan officers if that sounds right. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 4, 2008
Mwass answered:

choose a reputable lender before you make an offer and check with him or her to see what the guidelines are for the loan program you intend to use.

many lenders allow a seller credit towards your closing costs. i have seen some as high as 5 or 6% of the purchase price, and many up to 3% for actual closing costs.

the key is that the credit is specifically described as a credit towards actual closing costs and pre-paid expenses, AND that the amount is acceptable to the lender.

as always, i suggest that you retain a competent real estate lawyer to help you as you go forward
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 21, 2017
Lisa Schade answered:
Hi Susan-
I would be more than happy to offer my help. I can have references to you asap.
Please logon to my website or contact me directly.
First time home buyer, rent with option(rent to own) is my specialty. ... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 11, 2010
Don Tepper answered:
I don't know the area you're talking about, so I can't provide a good answer. However, I can provide a comment on the previous answer...that Realtors are forbidden by their Code of Ethics to answer such questions. Poppycock! Of course we can answer those questions. So, keep asking. It's a good, valid question, and one any competent Realtor should be willing to provide.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 29, 2009
Voices Member answered:

Email your question.....he will be able to assist you:)

0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 24, 2008
Jackie Taylor answered:
Did you try google? Where is the neighborhood you are interested in? I work out of woodstock.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Aug 18, 2013
Ida Mccarthy answered:
Every foreclosure is different, depending on the amount owed, (don't forget there are usually attorney fees, second mortgages, etc that you don't know about) . It depends on the bank and their guidelines. Sorry to be so vague, but you have to deal with them on a one to one basis.
Some banks are very easy to deal with, some banks take weeks to answer one phone call.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search Advice