Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Marshfield : Real Estate Advice

  • All57
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying9
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 10
Fri Nov 25, 2011
Raymond Garcia answered:
Building codes require 2 (two) forms of egress.

If you have a very old house and are planning some kind of renovation, you may be required to provide an additional means of egress to comply with the new code. It' may be impossible due to the original design of the building, in which case you may have to seek a variance.

Hope this helps!

Ray Garcia
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jan 31, 2011
Sarah Rudinoff answered:
A short sale is a property that is being sold for under what the seller owes on it. Essentially, they are selling "short". Sometimes sellers are still making their payments to the bank but the market price of their home is below what they owe and many times the seller is behind on their payments but the bank has not foreclosed on their home so they still own it, but are short selling before the bank can foreclose on the property. It is best to talk to the listing agent to find out what position the sellers are in and how realistic the sticker price of the home is. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 27, 2011
Hank Spinnler answered:
I believe the tax credit deadline extension for 2011 applies for qualified members of the military only.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 19, 2010
Scott A. Nelson answered:
You should check with a licenced contractor & city inspectional services, there's also a height requirememt and other specifics as well.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed May 12, 2010
Elizabeth Herbert answered:
You really need to check with the Zoning Board of your town and have your land surveyed.

Here's the nummber for Marshfield Zoning Board of Appeals: 781-834-5557
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 2, 2009
Susan Costa answered:
Yes, for a room to be considered a bedroom, it must contain a built in closet. Can be small, but need to be in the room. Thinking of listing? I would be glad to assist.

Give me a call.

774-264-9117, 774-526-2457
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jun 29, 2010
Lisabrownsellshomes answered:
Hi Joan!

This one is currently under agreement. Are you looking for this style in general? What is your search area and type? Maybe I can help.


Lisa Brown, Realtor
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 29, 2016
Melissa Mancini answered:
Hi Ryan,

Short & Simple...The three main things are: does it have an egress (exit)? Is the room "above grade"? And if the home has a septic, it must be designed to handle two bedrooms.

Building code today say there needs to be a closet and have minimum square footage requirements. But, if the home was built prior to this, then it could be grandfathered in.

These requirements can change from town to town, but this is basically what I have come across in MA. The town hall is your best source for your answer.

Best of Luck!
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 10, 2012
Rob Goodwin, Broker/Owner,ABR,CRS,e-PRO,GRI,SRES answered:
Good afternoon Ryan:

The law does not indicate that the responsibility for Title V certification rests on the seller. Traditionally the seller has been responsible. Sellers will try and have the buyer be responsible if there is no profit or a loss in the transaction. Banks will not grant a mortgage without doing a hold back of monies to cover 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 times the projected cost of a new system. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 9, 2015
Christina Alwert answered:
Are you working with an agent? You can ask the listing agent for information regarding the HOA association. Or have your realtor call and ask a bunch questions and poke around. Good Luck! ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Marshfield Zip Codes