Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance in Marion County : Real Estate Advice

  • All2
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 2
Fri Jan 29, 2010
Betty Byrnes answered:
Deb -

Each PUD is different so you need to check your HOA documents to see exactly what they cover. Here in Kokomo, some only the common areas, some the common areas and the roof, some cover everything, etc. If you can't find the info in your HOA docs, call their rep and ask for a copy of the insurance coverage.

Hope this helps.

Betty Byrnes
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 8, 2012
Grace Hanamoto answered:
Hello Pat and thanks for your question.

If you are working with a real estate professional, ask for a copy of the CLUE report for the property that you wish to purchase. The sellers should provide a copy to you, or, if not, offer to purchase the report if the sellers will order one for you. Water damages and insurance claims are very critical issues for a buyer, and the cost of the report is extremely moderate--in most cases, it's only about $20-30 for the report.

Have your agent check to see if this report is included in the disclosures package to be provided by the seller, and , if so, the information may be included in the documents available to the Realtor on line.

Good luck and happy house hunting!

Grace Morioka, SRES, e-Pro
Area Pro Realty
San Jose, CA
... more
0 votes 38 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Insurance in Popular Cities in Marion County