Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in Margate : Real Estate Advice

  • All116
  • Local Info13
  • Home Buying32
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions5

Activity 4
Tue Sep 6, 2011
Shanna Rogers answered:
Hi Kimhouse,

That's a decision only you can make. Can you afford the payments? Can you sell it? If you let it go (I'm assuming you mean foreclose), is it worth ruining your credit? Maybe you could rent it out if you can't sell it? You might want to talk to your lender (not sure of your circumstances as there's not much information in your question) and you might want to talk to a local Realtor.

Good luck.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Nov 5, 2010
Michael Messineo answered:

Has your 2nd mortgage agreed to a short refi? I can help but I will need more information. Please call or send an email.
Mike Messineo
Nola Lending
941-586-5384 ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 24, 2010
Don Tepper answered:
You have to go through your lender for the HAMP (Home Affordable Modification Program) program.

The government web site for the various programs is It's possible a HUD-approved housing counselor may be able to help. From the government's web site:
A HUD-approved housing counselor will talk to you about your situation and help you decide what mortgage options are best for you. A counselor will explain what documents you will need to provide to your mortgage company and may be able to contact the mortgage company on your behalf.

If your daughter is delinquent on her mortgage, here's the number to call: 888-995-HOPE (4673)

Hope that helps.

A housing counselor can also help you make a budget so that you can meet your monthly mortgage payment and other expenses. The counselor will have information about local resources that may be helpful to you.

There is no charge to work with a HUD-approved counseling agency.

HUD sponsors housing counseling agencies throughout the country that can provide advice on buying a home, renting, defaults, foreclosures, credit issues, and reverse mortgages.
Here's a link to finding a HUD-approved counselor:
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon May 18, 2015
Gerard Rosa answered:
Yes they are! Here are extracts from my source: FLORIDA FIRST - All buyers who qualify for a bond loan qualify for this 30 year, fixed rate product that may be used with one Florida Housing down payment and closing cost assistance second (HAMI or Florida Assist). Current Rate is 6.65% and $18,904,000+ is available.
HAMI DPA is available to all who qualify for the bond program's income limits. It's available at a rate of 5.00% for up to $5,000. This is a 10-year amortizing second mortgage loan.

Call me at 954-665-4973 for further information and to discuss any other options.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Search Advice