Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Maine : Real Estate Advice

  • All68
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying41
  • Home Selling11
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 304
Wed Jun 6, 2012
Diana Downs answered:
Hi Kevin,
This home was listed in February. Here is the full listing:

If you have any questions or would like to set up a showing just let me know.

Diana Downs
ERA Dawson Bradford
C - 207-735-6988 *
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jun 6, 2012
CJ Dubois-Cote answered:
Good morning Jim,

The lot fee is $410 per month. It covers water, sewer, plowing, trash removal, etc. Would you like me to take you to see it?

I think you remember me. I went to school with Becky and I'm Bob Cote's daughter-in-law.

You can contact me directly if you'd like at: CJ Dubois-Cote, Prudential Prime Properties, or 207-615-1663.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jun 5, 2012
Maria asked:
Sun May 20, 2012
Rich Homer answered:
Best to engage a good local Realtor so you have a person consultant to answer these details. Find one here ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon May 7, 2012
Amy Foley answered:
Hi - I would be happy to help your step son find the perfect house! There are many, many programs out there that offer down payment assistance, zerp percent down, etc. His price range is certainly doable within the Greater Portland Area. Please have him call me at 207-730-3071 or email me at Thanks! - Amy Foley ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 21, 2013
Joseph Butkovic answered:
Call me! I have a great lender that I work with who cah help you through the entire process. (207) 730-3550 or email Thanks and have a great day!
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 16, 2014
John Zappia answered:
I think you could certainly purchase something with that scenario. Please give me a call and I'll help you with this.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 30, 2012
Doug Schauf answered:
Happy to help anyway I can... Call or email me anytime.

0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Terry Driscoll answered:
There are a couple "purchase + improvement" loan options: FHA 203K and Rural Development(RD) are the ones we usually see. Sometimes you see RD combined with Maine State Housing (MSHA). Contact a few local lender to see if they offer those products in your area and to get a full explanation of how it works. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 22, 2012
Carole L. MacCollum answered:
Fri Apr 20, 2012
Kathleen Popovic answered:
There is a timeframe in which a non conforming property in a shoreland zone can be replaced. Generally it has to be replaced within 12 to 18 months from the time it was taken down. Well and septic have to be a certain distance from the shore and from the sidelines of the property. It is always best to speak with the Code Enforcement Officer in the town involved before beginning any waterfront property renovation. Towns must adhere to the minimum shoreland zoning regulations but they can be more restrictive depending on each town's shoreland zoning ordiance. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 18, 2012
Mark Evans answered:
The short answer is yes and being a co-owner with shared common expenses would be the simplest thing to do. The building maintenance, insurances and all other agreements should all be in writing. I highly recommend consulting a competent Real Estate Attorney for all the legal ramifications as well.

Hope this helps thanks for the question.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 11, 2012
John Snyder answered:
I am not a scientist, MD, geologist or lawyer. Please take my comments lightly and do your own due diligence in this matter.

Radon gas in homes is present almost anywhere granite exists, this means all of New England, not just Belfast. It is a simple matter to ventilate a basement (where most radon gas enters) and is not very expensive to measure or mitigate.

Radon in well water is a little more expensive to mitigate but can also be done.

Please have qualified people measure any levels and advise you as to costs.

There are many on line recommendations about this issue but here is one for you to start with:

Best regards,
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 7, 2012
Lisa Hicks answered:
Hi - there are currently several 2 family homes listed for sale in Yarmouth. I would be happy to answer any of your questions about these properties.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 16, 2012
Margaret Mitchell answered:
It depends. There is not enough information here to answer the question. Some land sales have a "builder tie in" and some do not. The building package may be listed or not. You need some one who represents you to help you sort this out. That would be either a buyer agent or an attorney.
Sorry that I cannot provide more insight but to answer correctly, some one needs to review all of the facts.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 15, 2012
Jeffrey Campbell answered:
I would check with a local realor the listing agent on this... however it does appear to be off the market for one reason or another. A Realtor could pull the latest listing info.

From the photos I see Radiators (either steam or hot water) but I also see older electric baseboard heat.

Seeing sold AS-IS does not suggest a new furnace and or electrical.

If you need a referral for a qualified realtor in the area to help you out let me know!

wish I could be more help.

Jef Campbell
Campbell Property Inspections
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 8, 2012
Carole L. MacCollum answered:
Hi Don, it's funny and somewhat annoying, but each website does have their own choices for criteria that can be shown. I was actually on one the other day that wouldn't let me list the house as a Cape, can you imagine!

My suggestion would be for you to hook up with an agent you can trust and let them do the legwork - you can always call me! I'm at 207-337-4792 or 207-641-6796, or email me at

Log homes aren't too prevalent in this area - but there are definitely some out there! Good luck with your search! -Carole
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 22, 2012
Sergio Hernandez answered:
In these challenging times, you should sell first before buying, unless you want to take a chance carrying two mortgages while your present home sells.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 27, 2014
David Mills answered:
Hello Richard. Carrabassett Valley offers many different property types. You would need to call me so that we could discuss what you are look at for property types.

... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 7, 2012
Paul Diou answered:
Hi there: I believe that you need 3.5% of the entire loan amount : not just the sales price. I would check with your lender to make sure but that is my understanding and I help my buyer clients with these types of sales all of the time. Your lender should be able to answer the question for you within seconds if you can get them on the phone or face to face. I hope that info helps, if you are in need of a buyers agent to help you through the process feel free to reach out to me, I am the Broker/Owner of Maine Realty LLC located in Portland Maine. 207-671-6604


... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice