Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Maine : Real Estate Advice

  • All68
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying41
  • Home Selling11
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 637
Mon Dec 31, 2012
Daniel Hildebrandt answered:
Please call Vanguard Property Management at 207/620-7500 with regard to the property at 320 Spring Road in Augusta. Thank you.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Apr 30, 2013
Jennifer DeSena answered:
Hi Rachel,

Thanks for you query into homes in Maine, and in particular, Falmouth.

There are a number of homes currently for sale with a minimum of 5 acres, and priced below $1,000,000 in Falmouth. Unfotunately, this forum does not allow me to send a link to the listing information for these homes.

I also know a few Brits who live in the Greater Portland area, and I am sure they would be happy to talk with you.

If you would like the listing information sent to you, have any additional questions, or would like more information, feel free to email me at

Thanks again, and good luck!

... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Terry Driscoll answered:
We see this fairly often, and there is a buyer for everything, so you have options. You don't say whether the mobile is in decent condition or not. You could remove the mobile (sell it or give it away as personal property to someone who will haul it off) and then sell the land. Or, you could sell the mobile on the land (real estate), but if the mobile is not habitable, the value of the property is pretty much reduced by a buyer's cost of removal/disposition. You are probably looking for a cash buyer, or you could offer Seller financing. Depending on how old the mobile is, there may be a local bank who will offer financing. If you work with a real estate agent in your area, they can view the property, recommend as to value, and make appropriate suggestions - - they may be able to list the property as a single family home and also as land so that anyone looking for either type of property will find it. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Julie L. Davis answered:
Hi Coletta - currently this home is still for sale and does not indicate that it is a short sale. Please contact me if you would like more information about this house, or any other in this area. Best of luck! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Dec 27, 2012
James Ernst answered:
I've got one that I think might work in Gorham at 180 main street. us a call 200-6886. - James
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Dec 17, 2012
ccole1234 asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 17, 2014
Bruce Davis answered:
Using an IRA to purchase a home is a great alternative to conventional investments, however you cannot personally use the property or make improvements to it if it remains in your retirement account. There are numerous self directed IRA holding companies who specialize in distributing funds and paying bills associated with your real estate, as you cannot directly do so. I've e found the best source for information is through these different holding firms as it is not an oft used strategy and most accountants are not well versed in this technique. That said make sure you accountant is part of the conversation before you pull the trigger. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 12, 2012
Diane Hebert asked:
Wed Dec 12, 2012
Shelia Hobby asked:
The owners moved back west, and the property was being rented, and would not be up for sale again until 2013. I live in NC, and for some reason this property kept popping up in my dream...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 11, 2012
John Snyder answered:
I screen all my tenants. First, I call all their personal references and places(s) of employment. It has been a work of evolution over the years to learn what questions to ask since sometimes people can be deceitful. There are also questions you cannot legally ask so make sure you are aware of these.

I also pay an outside firm to run complete state and federal background checks. These are mostly involving criminal, court, financial and out of state items. A separate form for the potential tenant is needed for them to sign that allows the checks to be made.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 19, 2013
Andrew Fox answered:
I would love the chance to help you. I am real estate agent in Clarksville, TN and i work for Coldwell Banker. We pride ourselves in helping families nationwide. If you would like I can connect you with a great local agent to help answer any of your questions. Give me a call, text, or email anytime and I will make sure you are well taken care of.
Andrew Fox
Coldwell Banker Conroy, Marable, and Holleman
111 S Riverside Dr. Clarksville, TN 37040
Cell 931-302-2241
Office 931-552-1700
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 30, 2013
Carl answered:
More info: I love the house and it's affordable. I've been approved for a mortgage contingent on one last thing:insurance binder.

The house has "knob and tube wiring" which is very old and dangerous, and no insurance company will insure it, even on condition of it being fixed after closing. I have the option, before closing, of paying a minimum of $2,000 to get the basics rewired, but there is always the chance that the insurance or the sale will not go through, in which case I'm out $2k.

Is there any way around this catch-22?

There's a good chance that the house will not sell anytime soon since anyone else using a mortgage to buy it will have the same problem.

Should I...?

1. Walk away for now, avoid April property taxes, heating bill etc, save more money, and come back in the spring? I would risk house being sold (unlikely) or not getting mortgage approval second time around.

2. Risk $2k and get it over with?

IS it common or ever done at all that a buyer would fix something on a home before owning it?
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon May 20, 2013
Jann Foster answered:
One small pet is allowed but has to be registered with the Board of directors.

Flats are $231 per month year round and the cottages slightly more.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Nov 30, 2012
Rick Beal answered:
Thanks for stopping by, you can search for the most up to date listings at my web site below.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed May 14, 2014
Chez Renee Team answered:
Hi, this would be a question for a mortgage lender - may I suggest Glen over at Residential Mortgage Services (local underwriting and processing). He can run some different options for you.Call 207-991-4925. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 20, 2012
Jerry and Gwen Hart answered:
Hi Helen,
A quick snapshot of 5 homes in the last 12 months from today (12/20/12), indicates
Average listing price of $153,740 with selling price range of 94% of that figure.
Small sample group so the variables are many...:(
Foreclosure and distressed sales are skewing the figures.
Hope this helps
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jan 4, 2013
James Deskins answered:
First off, you can't really even call them. Even if you had a number. Secondly, they won't even talk to you. Banks will never talk to buyers, ever. So, no, the won't ever tell you something like that. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 21, 2012
mgsarantakos answered:
FYI. I have managing the unit from the west coast for 8 years. Thus the reason why I am unsure of the market. Thank you for any insights.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 19, 2012
Lisa Hicks answered:
Hi Debra -

I can help you with that. My brokerage currently has properties in Augusta and Gardiner that are available for lease/purchase. Give me a call and I'll go over them with you. 207-592-5374 ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 13, 2012
Dawn Haskell answered:
Hello Ker, please give me a call and I can help you with this. My number is 446-0722.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice