Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Mabank : Real Estate Advice

  • All42
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 20
Sun Mar 2, 2014
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
The tax assessor will have a name and address. They have to have one on file in order to send the property tax bill and it is considered public knowledge so they have to tell you.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 16, 2015
Joseph Runfola answered:
Try this link it should help you.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 22, 2010
Neil asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 18, 2010
Charles Hartley answered:
This is a Corps of Engineers lake and the homes that border the lake have access but I have read the deed restrictions and it does not identify any access by off water home owners. The Corp has a rightaway by the levy for their use. A call to the Army Corps of Engineers might be worth your while. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Nov 4, 2010
Gbc209 asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 17, 2015
Chris Tesch answered:
Square footage can be from tax roles, appraisals or builder floorplans. They all may be different as well. Typically not radically like that. Ask her where this square footage number is coming from and see what it says on the appraisal you got last year. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 28, 2010
Leonard & Jona Thomas answered:

Unless you signed an agreement to pay that broker a commission, you don't owe a commission. If you signed a limited services agreement or a "one-time show", you could still be responsible for a commission - it obviously depends on the terms and conditions of the agreement you signed. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 4, 2011
Richard Avery answered:
Yes I can, I would need to know the location, block and lot number and if you have the tax geo number. If you don't have the tax number I can look it up by the owners name.

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 2, 2010
Scott Miller answered:
Hi Lakeowner. You had an attorney represent you at the closing, right? I would go back and ask the attorney to review the case, then file a suit against the seller if what you're saying is correct. Was there a contract? Was there a survey? Was there title insurance? Was there an inspection performed? This is why buyers and sellers need the services of not only a REALTOR, but also a lawyer.

If you didn't use an attorney, then for sure you need one now.


Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 10, 2010
Don Tepper answered:
Yes. Many.

Here's a blog I wrote on how to find them:

Hope that helps. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 7, 2010
Nunes asked:
I'm looking to start my own business to provide services myself, or hire other professionals to do the work, depending on what services are needed.
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 27, 2010
Don Groff answered:
There are some lenders here in Texas that can go down to a 580. If your score is that low they are very strict on the qualifications so most people with scores south of 600 will not get approved. I have had a few though. You will want to contact a good mortgage broker or lender in Mass. to see what is available.

Even if you can't get into something today a good broker will give you the guidance to get your credit moving in the right direction so you can buy a home in the next year or so. The main thing is to stop the bleeding and make sure your credit is moving in the right direction and not stagnant. You need to add tradelines with a secured credit card and there are other options as well. I do this all the time with my buyer clients that cannot get approved... find somebody who understands credit and can help yo get your scores up.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 28, 2009
Richard Avery answered:
You can contact Jeff at Lakeside Mortgage 903-887-7366 and he will shoot you straight on what you need to do to qualify. Once you are qualified to buy a home call me and I will show you how I can rebate you cash after closing on a house.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 19, 2009
Charles Hartley answered:
The homes in Mabank have been selling for around $50 -55 per sq ft of living area for homes built before 1985. The age and condition of the home, size of the lot and other amenities will determine if the market value is more or less than that.
If you need me to do a cma, call or email me the home address.


Charles Hartley
Century 21 Evans, Realtors
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 4, 2009
Tommy Burris answered:
Define bad.
We are approving people with collections and charge off accounts and they can remain unpaid. Judgments and tax liens have to be paid.
You need a 620 credit score.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Sep 1, 2010
Jill Browne answered:
Wed Jan 29, 2014
Dallas Texas answered:
As a professional realtor our code of ethics we can't make any comments considered to be "steering"... however we can assist in doing research on your behalf fowarding and directions for you. If I had additional info. including your budget what you are qualified for that also plays HUGE roll in providing correct directions. Contact my office if we can offer further assistance 972-699-9111
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun May 4, 2008
Don Tepper answered:
I know a place that does special financing. It's called owner financing. And you can structure the terms any way that you and the owner find mutually agreeable. If you know how to work a financial calculator, you can experiment with all sorts of scenarios. If you don't, then a Realtor probably does; an accountant certainly should know.

What you've described probably could be presented as something like an interest-only loan for 11 months, then a small balloon for the principle. You'd just have to present it in such a way as to make sense and be attractive to the seller. And that might mean that the effective interest rate would be equal to or greater than current mortgage rates. Or, to work it more to your advantage, make the effective interest rate equal to or slightly greater than the amount the seller would receive if he put it into a savings account.

Talk to an accountant or Realtor (one who knows and is comfortable with creative financing and owner financing) for more information

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 30, 2014
Dallas Texas answered:
You will need to contact a real estate agent to provide that info. the agent can search via MLS provide that info. Not knowing what area difficult to make any comments
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Mabank Zip Codes