Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rentals in Los Angeles County : Real Estate Advice

  • All508
  • Local Info30
  • Home Buying263
  • Home Selling32
  • Market Conditions12

Activity 436
Fri Sep 13, 2013
Tom Berge, Jr. answered:
Not to the best of my knowledge. I do not believe there are any apartments in the City of Alhambra which are in the South Pasadena school district.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 3, 2013
Anibal Oswaldo asked:
This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 28, 2012
Penny Davis answered:
We have a property management company that will take care of everything from screening to collecting rent money each month.
I can also send it to over 700 Realty Executives agents that you have a house to rent.

Penny Davis
Realty Executives
26650 The Old Road, Third floor
Valencia, CA 91381
661-964-1600 X 6634 office
661-406-2730 cell
fax# 888-391-5988

Lic. #01313429
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 27, 2012
Chris Creed answered:
That's a hard one. I will email you some more other helpful links tomorrow.


Chris Creed
310 502 0600
DRE 01880695
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 19, 2014
Tony Warfield answered:
Some "friend" you have. If they are just a friend who is visiting, that will not leave and is not a tenant, what is to stop you from changing the locks and packing their things for them? It is your home and you are living there as well?. If you are collecting rent or have a tenant agreement, then you should be careful to make sure that you go through the proper legal eviction process.

Good luck
... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 6, 2014
Dorene Slavitz answered:
Playa Vista does have CPU units that are priced 10% or more below market value. They do not come up for sale very often and are mostly one bedroom units. You also have to sell these below market when it comes time. The best way to scout for the CUP units is to begin working with a good buyer agent who knows the area. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 17, 2012
Lynn Le Glaire answered:
WElcome to los Angeles!!!
I'd be more than happy to talk to you aobu tyour options.
Please email me at or ring me at 323-219-4480.
I can help you locate a property to rent and talk about a number of neighborhoods and schools and local municipal services.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Lynn Le Glaire
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 15, 2012
Alex Quaid answered:
Please email me when you can at and I can send you available rentals on the MLS. Thank you!
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 15, 2012
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
Contact the administrators here and let them know. There are a lot of scam artists targeting tenants these days, particularly on Craigs List, but some manage to use Trulia as well. I am sure Trulia does not condone this activity and will pull the listing down as soon as they area advised. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 13, 2012
Unspecified asked:

My mister and I are looking to move to Long Beach in April. What are some better neighborhoods than others? Please don't tell me not to live there. I have lived in Huntington/Ne...
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Dec 14, 2012
Dorene Slavitz answered:
Its possible but I only show one bedrooms in your price range.(that are listed). .
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Dec 14, 2012
Laura Feghali answered:
Hello Stephan,
Most landlords will want to see a credit history report but if you do not have any credit established in France then perhaps you could get someone to co-sign the lease as a "Guarantor" who does have good credit. This means that they would be responsible for paying the rent if you don't.

And, there may be a few landlords who are "for-rent-by-owners" who may be willing to accept you as a tenant if you can show them that you are currently employed and provide some personal references.

Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 11, 2012
Janey Bishop answered:
The landlord cannot now sign a lease if they are in default. Paying rent to someone other than the owner unless directed in your contract is not technically paying rent so this sounds like it is getting messy quickly. If you don't mind being in questionable status then stay but you might be better off just finding a place with a stable owner.

Or consider buying your own place. There are some excellent loans available now.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Jennifer Ricco answered:
Hi Tammy, That sounds way to low for a home just over 3000 sqft. Many renters have moved into homes that the homeowner no longer intends to keep due to financial difficulties, I am not saying this is the situation with this property, however go with your gut instinct if it sounds to good to be true... I had a client rent a home only to discover a few months into the contract the homeowner stopped paying their mortgage and the home was being foreclosed upon. I did a blog on this for anyone wanting to know their tenant rights if faced with this situation.
~Jennifer Ricco
Remax of Santa Clarita
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 30, 2013
Jane Peters answered:
You need to look on Westside Rentals or Craigslist. $1,500 is very low for the better parts of L.A. and without credit in the U.S. you are going to find it difficult. You will need a guarantor or to pay several months up front. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 3, 2012
Maro Brougham answered:
Some listings don't have the virtual tour included, if interested to buy a house in Panorama city feel free to contact me for more information on this property or some others in Panorama City.

Maro Brougham
Keller Williams VIP Properties
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Dec 5, 2012
Alison Hillman answered:
Hi Emily-

Take a look at our search tools here:



Good luck,
Ali, Community Manager
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Nov 25, 2012
Marilyn Jenne answered:
Unfortunately, this is not surprising. Now that you have made that determination, be sure to go back and flag them for removal:

remove pid=8489735
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 25, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Since rent to own properties may not be listed as such, consider working with an agent of your own. Keep in mind that rent to own can be risky and one could stand to lose a bit of money, therefore do inform yourself well, and consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate beforehand. If you haven't done so yet, visit with any licensed loan officer, see if you can buy outright... ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice