Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance in Los Angeles County : Real Estate Advice

  • All508
  • Local Info30
  • Home Buying263
  • Home Selling32
  • Market Conditions12

Activity 19
Wed Feb 27, 2013
Keith Jean-Pierre answered:
We would need to know other factors in order to give you a good idea of the PMI but you can try for yourself using a PMI Calculator. Here is a link to a good one:

Good luck
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Melvin A. Castro answered:
Fri Dec 7, 2012
Brian Byhower answered:
You should be asking that question to your insurance agent, not us. He or she can give you an exact quote.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 29, 2012
Sona Gallatin answered:
Did you try gettIng clarification through your policy holder? When was your policy written? Isnt it renewed at the end if the term? Dud something happen recently that prompted this inquiry? ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 25, 2012
Brian Goldberg answered:
Contact Bart Baker Insurance
29169 Heathercliff Rd #208
Malibu CA 90265
(310) 457-5092

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Brian Goldberg, CDPE
Broker Associate, Realtor®
Coldwell Banker Malibu Colony
23676 Malibu Road
Malibu, CA 90265
P: (310) 403-4623
F: (310) 356-4901
CA DRE #01900604
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri May 25, 2012
Narine Khachatryan answered:
E-mail Janet Dubrasky with BPG at maybe she can help you with that.

With Best Regards,

Narine Hakobyan
Broker Associate
Oak Tree Realty Group
REO Spesialized Team

3303 W Burbank Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91505
323-663-2222 cell
818-848-3637 office
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 10, 2012
Rudi Hofmann answered:
Avatarchik77- I do not have any names handy- Should you wish I may be able to provide some names. This link is a page on my website. "Vesting Title in Entities" -This would not be on my site if a percentage of my clients were not doing this. All have more than enough insurance- I am very certain. Happy funding- Rudi

PS- This only applies to non-conforming loan amounts
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Feb 1, 2012
Walter 'Skip' Kersten answered:
Hi Jojo,
IMO, the large major ones are pretty much the same. I would recommend going with the one your broker has a good relationship with. That way if there is an issue, the broker can apply some pressure for you.
Good luck and Happy New Year
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Scott Godzyk answered:
Without knowing anything about your home, amount needed and your credit, the bets advice is for you to shop around. Try national companies like allstate, statefarm and perhaps try a local company. All should give you free estimates. ... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 10, 2012
Emily Knell answered:
Try calling or emailing John Lynn, he's with Farmers Ins, at 562-230-4285 or
562-430-3053 cell
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 18, 2015
Michele Rigaud answered:
Depending on what valuable assets you have in the house. It should not cost you more than 200 dollars per year. Shop around and you could get quotes online,.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 29, 2013
John Souerbry answered:
Farmers has issued policies to several homes I know of held in LLCs.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu May 24, 2012
Robin Silverberg answered:
Their quality control must have turned up the fact that you did not have enough coverage. Things have changed in the past year, so what was good last year is not good enough. How this got by them for you to close, I don't know. The other thing that I am questioning here is that the HO6 on a condo is not generally something that banks escrow for. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue May 25, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
For an accurate and clear picture on your insurance costs--contact a few local agencies and ask for estimates based on your needs--then choose the one that suits you best.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 26, 2011
Linda Slocum, CRS, CDPE | Santa Clarita Realtor answered:
The insurance for mobile and manufactured homes is different than what you would buy for a regular stick-built home. Be sure to contact an insurance agent who specializes in mobile and manufactured homes so you'll have a good idea as to what options are available to you. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 24, 2010
Raimo Kumpulainen answered:
Private Mortgage Insurance.

Many banks require it if the LTV (loan to value) is less than 80%.

As soon as you feel that you could get rid of it, contact your bank. The bank will want to see an appraisal which shows that the value of your house is above a certain amount, relative to what you owe. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu May 24, 2012
James Gordon ABR SFR SRS answered:
Afunguy you should not have trouble getting insurance. There are companies that write insurance for distressed properties every day. They will charge about 4-5 times what you would expect to pay for insurance because the property in no owener occupied and as a distressed property it is an atractive nusiance. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 1, 2009
Kathy Brennan answered:
We need to know if the house has been bolted to its foundation? Insurance companies must offer earthquake insurance at binding and every two years. It does not matter if you want to purchase or not. Also we need to know the address to determine the earthquake zone which will determine if a gas shut off valve may be acceptable if the property is not bolted. This is more of a primary issue than the secondary issue of updates to electrical and plumbing and heating..... you can email the address at If u are not insured right now.. go to california Fair Plan.... no water damage and no liability but U need some ocverage. calculate 175 per sq foot minimum.... ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 18, 2015
Jeannine Dyer answered:
There are many factors that enter into the price of homeowners insurance. The best way to obtain a price is to contact an agent (broker) that works not with one company but sends to many companies and is able to check rates for the best price. ... more
0 votes 21 answers Share Flag
Search Advice