Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Loomis : Real Estate Advice

  • All20
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 7
Sun Dec 30, 2012
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
Hi Jon,

Short sales and REOs seem to be taking a giant step backward lately! I have only two suggestions; first see if you can get to someone in the Office of the CEO at Citimortgage. Sometimes they can expedite things. Second, try your congressman. Fannie Mae is a quasi-governmental corporation. They have a Congressional Office that can sometimes help constituents that are having issues with short sales and REOs. It's a toss of the dice, sometimes it speeds things up, sometimes it doesn't. I have had mixed results, but at least you'll feel like you are doing something! And work with your realtor! They may have some ideas as well.

... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 11, 2012
Michele Peterson answered:
That is so close..
I actually have 2 clients in that very situation.
One ends Sept 13, 2012 and the other the end of

Right now, there isn't an avenue for renting Foreclosed homes.
However, I have an even better solution for you.
Short term rental with a lease too. Many houses to select from.

Please call or email when you have a minute.

Happy to help!

Michele Peterson
Keller Williams Realty
(916) 743-5934
CA DRE 01872795
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 5, 2011
Teri Andrews-Murch answered:
You could expect to pay 1300-1600 per month. Utilites on a single family home are usually paid by tenant.

Sometimes landlord picks up water for landscaping. Deposits are limited to max 2x monthly rent ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 28, 2012
Voices Member answered:

Have you heard of
This is what the Gov says about their site...

" provides quick and easy access to information about disability programs, services, laws and benefits. You will still be able to search by topic, such as “Housing” or “Education” and, if you need local information, you can use the site’s new “Information by State” drop-down menu to learn about your State’s programs."

You may wish to check it out, another site that might interest you is the Gov site for all their current loan programs. You can get specific information, compare options, or take a short questionnaire to determine your eligibility for each program.

Good luck, Dunes
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 27, 2009
Teri Andrews-Murch answered:
I will have to recommend that one be answered by a tax professional. Are you talking about an FHA non-occupant co-borrower loan? or something else?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 21, 2010
Jeni Walker answered:
Hi Dave,

Jim and I have been selling homes with owner finance since 1994. The process of arranging seller finance is not particularly difficult - but in this market, finding a seller with the ability, the equity to finance is the needle in the haystack. If there is one out there, we could search the MLS for you.
And congratulations on your sale, we hope that goes smoothly for you.

Thanks! -Jeni
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 4, 2010
Dallas Texas answered:
Till title company has received all paperwork wire transfers no one can move. Your son does not have possession till all parties receive notice from title company.

Bank has to process paperwork receipt of funding and etc from title company.

FORECLOSURES always drama , this is norm in industry purchasing foreclosures.

Dallas Realtor and Consultant, Mortgage Loan Officer, Lecturer regarding Credit Repair
– Lynn A. Crosby
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Loomis Zip Codes