Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rental Basics in Long Beach : Real Estate Advice

  • All700
  • Local Info83
  • Home Buying255
  • Home Selling24
  • Market Conditions19

Activity 5
Fri Apr 12, 2013
John Souerbry answered:
California Civil Code 1950.5 guarantees your right to request a pre-inspection prior to move out, regardless of what the lease says.
The landlord has 21 days to return your deposit, either the complete deposit or the deposit minus charges for repairs (must have written estimates or receipts to support amount subtracted). If the landlord fails to do so within 21 days, they no longer have the right to subtract any amount and must return the complete deposit. Getting them to do so is another matter, you should consult with an attorney if the landlord fails to allow an inspection or return your deposit properly. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu May 31, 2012
Peter Werrenrath answered:
You can check They give a fairly accurate view of market rents.

Good luck!

Peter Werrenrath
(562) 208-9818
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 7, 2012
Jerome Hodge answered:
Assuming we are addressing a residence, we are concerned with a few basics.
Tip 1: Know what you are looking for and why.
Tip 2: If you are planning on purchasing in the future...don't spend all of you money on rent. Right now, you most likely will be able to purchase a home for less (or near equal) to what you may pay in rent.
Tip 3: See Tip 1 and Tip 2
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 19, 2013
Scott Godzyk answered:
Yes you certainly can make her leave, you will have to evict her in writing, so make sure that 30 days notice is in writing. You may want to google California landlord tenant law to see what their requirements are. Just make sure everything is is writing and you follow the letter of the law regarding foeclosure for your state.

Good luck working things out
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 30, 2009
Michael Magaw answered:
I would suggest that you hire a professional lease management company. They can provide any legal advice in this area. It sounds like you need to decide when you might want to move back in. At that point you would want to have your tenant on a month-to-month lease. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice