Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Lithonia : Real Estate Advice

  • All239
  • Local Info32
  • Home Buying55
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions7

Activity 8
Thu May 25, 2017
This is a question for an attorney. Once you sign your documentation at closing, I have never heard of anyone being able to make change such as the one you stated. Those are all legal documents that cannot be altered once signed by the borrower.

Georgia is a non-judicial foreclosure state. This means the lender does not have to go before hte courts to begin foreclosure proceedings. Once you have missed your mortgage payment, the mortgage company then has the right to begin the foreclosure proceedings by advertising the notice in the newspaper of record for the county.

I am not sue what outcome you are expecting if you are not making your required mortgage payments.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 4, 2012
Membama answered:
We are experiencing the same thing, going on since late November. I'd appreciate answers too.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 18, 2010
Mark Lackey answered:
With a court judgement and a FIFA they can garnish.

Mark Lackey
Atlanta Housing Source at
Solid Source Realty, Inc.
Associate Broker

Home Buyers & Sellers -
Property Management –
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 8, 2010
Mark LeMenager answered:
It can take a few weeks before the property is signed off by someone senior enough for the contract to be considered binding. You can try and make another bid, but you're probably wasting your time. Better off to let the listing agent know that if the current offer falls through, you want the place and will make another offer. I've done that with my clients and we've won the property in the end.

Good luck,
Mark LeMenager
Find your next house with the click of a mouse.
Search the Florida MLS without obligation or registration from my website.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 18, 2008
The Hagley Group answered:
I would hire a real estate may be able to find one pro bono...for assistance.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 31, 2016
The Diamond Team answered:
As in property management?
Give your business card to every Real Estate Agent in the area. They usually decide who to hire if they list the property
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 23, 2007
Richard M. Johnston answered:
Hi Deborah, use this link and sign-up for FREE for 7 days.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 14, 2013
Ute Ferdig answered:
Hi Diane. I would suggest that you request of the lender to give you more time. My recommendation would be that you are super nice to the loss mitigator. A lot of people who are facing foreclosure, let out their frustration on the people who work for the lender. Find an agent who has experience handling this kind of situtation.
Some lenders are easier to work with than others. What's important is that you demonstrate a hardship. Another thing. Be honest.
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Foreclosure in Lithonia Zip Codes