Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Levittown : Real Estate Advice

  • All89
  • Local Info9
  • Home Buying30
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 14
Wed May 1, 2013
Michael R. Torres answered:
Yes you can. You must qualify including the repayment plan to yourself and you must show the paper trail of the withdraw from the retirement funds as well as the deposit into your account to use towards closing.

Michael Torres
RE/MAX Reliance
Direct: 215-275-2009
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 10, 2013
Erick asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 8, 2013
Kim Rock answered:
Almost all of the homes have oil or electric, this is correct... However, you could always call PECO and find out if they can run gas lines to a specific property and if so how much they would charge to do so. Sometimes they are able to if gas lines are nearby and you get a few neighbors who all wish to convert, worth a shot!

If you would like to view any homes in Levittown, please let me know as I would love to work with you. You can also set up a daily listing alert on my website,
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 20, 2013
Leah Leighton answered:
I live and work in Levittown, and would love to help!
Please feel free to browse my site, and contact me.
Take care,
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 25, 2012
John Krapf answered:
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 13, 2012
Gina Grant answered:
Sat Apr 21, 2012
John Krapf answered:
I looked up public records and there is no 29 Main St. in Levittown. There are 3, 29 Main St`s and they are all in Upper Bucks County. If you have any more questions please call me at 267-968-8320

Thanks, John Krapf
Real Living Ramagli Real Estate
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 26, 2013
Bethann Devoll answered:
Hi Crystal,
I can help you. What is your price range? My email address is
Thanks Bethann Devoll
Remax Advantage- fairless Hills
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun May 20, 2012
Julian Drakeford 5127515996 answered:
Not sure about PA but in Texas you can simply call the title company.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 5, 2010
Cynthia Cortes answered:
Hi Chris - A secure job will certainly help as you will provide your lender with at least 2 years of reported income (W-2's) that has been filed to the IRS. You should also have a satisfactory history of paying your loans and charge accounts on time. You must qualify for the loan in terms of your income as it relates to out standing monthly obligations. Your lender will calculate the percentage of gross monthly income required for monthly mortgage payments (housing expense ratio) and the percentage of gross monthly income required for the payment of all debts (total expense ratio). These calculations are called "underwriting ratios" and help to determine the amount of loan you will qualifty for. Sounds like you are doing the right thing by working to repair your credit score as this will influence the interest rate you will qualify for on your loan. Best of luck. Feel free to contact me direct with any other questions you may have. Have a great day!
Cynthia Cortes
Licensed in PA & NJ
Remax Properties, Ltd.
210 Penns Trail, Suite 100
Office: 215-968-7494
Direct: 215-801-9315
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 4, 2009
Terrence Charest answered:
They were correct. Unfortunately, if you refinanced the max amount or bought your home between 3 and 5 years ago, you probably owe more than what it's worth. So hang in there a few more years, fix things which need fixed, update things which needs updating (neither go overboard nor be cheap). I would think that the values will be back in in about five years. As long as you are in a home for a long term commitment, then you should come out ok.

Terrence Charest, e-Pro®
Century 21 Associates
905 Easton Road
Willow Grove, PA 19090
Cell (Preferred): 877.614.1494
Office: 215.659.5250
Fax: 215.659.5550
“Giving to Those Who Gave”
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 24, 2008
Derek Joyner answered:
I think it would be a good idea to go to your landlord and tell him you wish to buy it from him. He may would be interested in taking your security deposit as a down payment. Going ahead and write up an offer and both of you sign. Still do this if you need to get money saved or need to fix your credit. That way your monthly rent would start being part of your mortgage instead of your renting. If you can get him to agree for you to finance it later. Than when you get your ducks in a row so to speak. You can go to the bank and tell them you need a loan. I would check with a mortgage broker first though to make sure you can or are close to being able to afford this home. Hope this helps. ... more
0 votes 39 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 17, 2009
Chris & Stephanie Somers answered:

I would suggest to use the following link: to search for Bucks County rentals. Is a great resource.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 3, 2008
Chris & Stephanie Somers answered:
Some of our clients have had excellent success with Philadelphia Credit Repair, a company owned by mortgage specialists. The number is 215-342-8800. You can ask for Jim. What we have done as realtors is refund the cost to the buyer at settlement once they purchase a house. The cost is around $395. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Levittown Zip Codes