Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Lawrence : Real Estate Advice

  • All110
  • Local Info15
  • Home Buying39
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 53
Thu Dec 4, 2008
Angela Jensen answered:
A HUD home is a foreclosed property that has a gov't backed loan. Would recommend you seek the help of a local Realtor that can help you through the buying process. It doesn't cost you (the Buyer) anything and you get professional help. Good Luck! ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 7, 2011
Stan Trekell answered:
The first step is to find a competent Realtor who will work diligently on your behalf, especially because you are from out-of-state.

Best wishes,
Stan Trekell
Realty Executives ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 1, 2011
Ben & Jen Irby answered:
I would suggest getting pre-approved first before finding a home of your choice. It will remove any doubts about what you can or can not afford. It will also provide you a starting point for your search. You don't want to waste your time viewing homes that are not in your price range. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 9, 2013
Marilyn Lentz answered:
The market in North Lawrence is staying steady. The home prices here did not inflate like the coast markets did. You can still get good value for your dollar in Lawrence. I would be happy to show you some Lawrence property so that you can get a feel for what the market is like & see the wonderful home value you can get for your money. Please feel free to contact me anytime by phone or email. Marilyn Lentz (785)845-2530. ... more
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 17, 2008
Deborah Madey answered:
Are you looking in Lawrence, Kansas or Boston?

Your profile indicates Boston, but your question is keyed to Kansas. RE Pros on alert for Boston question will not be notified if that was your intent. You can repost and identify Boston to get more attention from Boston RE Pros if that is the area of your interest. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 28, 2007
Chris Lengquist answered:
A lot goes into that answer. Much depends on your financial situation, cash on hand, risk tolerance and so much more. Be very wary of working with agents that don't specialize in investment property. Feel free to call me or email me. I have sold a few in Lawrence. But I'd rather give you the name of an agent that works Lawrence almost exclusively and will do a great job for you. I regularly coach him on investments. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Dec 13, 2007
Rosemarie asked:
Tue Apr 9, 2013
Lorie Gould answered:
You can obtain a list from the National Association of Home Builders whose website is A local agent can provide you with a list of builders and a lot of information on the builders which includes their reputations. It is important to also do research on any builders you are considering to learn about any pending or past lawsuits. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 25, 2007
Linette Carroll answered:
Hi Jason, I live in Delaware and we have a community that I just love in the Southern part of Delaware. It is called Parkside. Several builders have homes in the community and they have all followed the old front porch styling in their homes. I don't have the links available at the moment , but if you contact me I will look it up for you. Linette ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 20, 2007
Pam Winterbauer answered:
HOA work or repairs usually comes out of your association dues that are collected monthly. In some cases if there is unexpected work that was not budgeted there could be a special assessment.

On an annual basis the association creates a budget to cover future maintenance costs and may may changes in your dues.

Property taxes are based on the purchase price irrespective if it's a single family or townhouse/condo.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 10, 2010
Michael Ford answered:
in related news i saw a video on the stanley website for nails that were far more wind resistant than ringshanks. the video is impressive and shows the trusses breaking before the nails fail...since carpenters have long experience with ply and engineered woods i'd be more inclined to have them stay in their comfot zone and carefully adhere to the nail schedule with the stanley nails. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 30, 2013
Carrie Crowell answered:
Wed Aug 22, 2007
The Hagley Group answered:
Kansas Legal Services, 1-800-723-6953, may be able to assist you.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice