Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Land O' Lakes : Real Estate Advice

  • All57
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying17
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 9
Thu Nov 19, 2015
Daniel Barto answered:
Yes, there are several loans available with no or little down payment. However, there is certain criteria that needs to be met.
Check out my blog here on Trulia to learn more about the homepath program:

Or, follow the link below to the website to read more.

There is also, FHA which requires 3.5% down minimum or a USDA loan which allows for 0% down.
You can research each program to see if it fits your needs.

Best of luck finding your first home!

Danny Barto
Galleon Real Estate
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 21, 2013
Ryan Kessell answered:
This will vary from property to property.
In this region of Florida, the seller normally selects the title company and pays the majority of the closing fees. If the property is located in community with a HOA “Homeowner’s Association”, there could be a transfer or initiation fee.

When I represent a buyer, I contact the title company and request a estimated closing statement called a HUD1. This will break down all the fees associated with closing and show what fees are being paid by each party.

Hopefully this helps :)

Thank you,

Ryan Kessell, REALTOR®
Certified Distressed Property Expert®

Phone: (813)786-4252
Fax: (727)230-7517

Charles Rutenberg Realty
1545 S. Belcher Rd.
Clearwater, FL 33764
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 17, 2013
Lisa Gandy answered:
As a home seller, you would. There are some exceptions, mostly in distressed sale situations.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun May 12, 2013
Alma Kee answered:
See if you can get a refinance, check out the programs here:

Hope you can!

All the best,
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 16, 2012
Karen Hernandez answered:
Hi Melodie - What area are you looking to buy your new home in? Let me know I can help. You can call or email me directly! Karen
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 15, 2011
Ashley J Mitchell answered:
My advice to you would be to speak with a trusted local loan officer. The magic number in lending these days is 640. More then likely you will need to build and/or repair your credit. Many lenders are now working closely with credit council and repair people. They can give you great advice on how to manage your credit repair to maximize your credit score. There is a possibility you could find some private money, however you would pay a very high interest rate. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 27, 2012
Thomas Bohlmann answered:

The best way is to CALL and SPEAK to a loan officer or local mortage broker.

Good clean credit, good job history are the starting points

Good Luck to you
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 9, 2013
Lisa Reeves answered:
A log of subsidence - land activity - is kept with the property appraisers office. Whether they keep the report, I am unsure. If the property was fixed then the permits office would have a copy of the report with the permit request or at least the engineer who did the work. The engineer may keep a copy of the report for their records. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon May 16, 2011
x answered:
I would be happy to help you! Please email me at or call me at 727-967-4599..
Rose Vasilakis
Future Home Realty
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice