Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in La Mirada : Real Estate Advice

  • All33
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying14
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 5
Tue Dec 28, 2010
Short Sale Diva answered:
The 1099 should be for the total amount forgiven but you will also get a 1099 from the escrow for the sale amount, this is standard procedure but you should talk to your tax accountant for further advice. Why did you sign a promissory note?

Aida Pinto
Real Estate Broker
Realtor since 1987
(562) 916-3237


Active Rain Profile: Short Sale Diva' s Blog:
Face Book Short Sale Diva Fan Page:
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 14, 2010
Bob Alston answered:
Sun Mar 14, 2010
Ted Canto answered:
I would contact your agent and ask him if he correctly did the paperwork, see if they can assist you. If not, then I would contact a lawyer or a reputable credit repair company. These will obvioulsy cost you money. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 9, 2009
Dianne Johnson answered:
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 8, 2008
The Hagley Group answered:
NOOOOoooo!!!!!! First of all, contact your lender and try to negotiate yourself. If you DO decide to use a company, read all paperwork carefully...there are a lot of scams going on right now. Make sure you are not signing over a deed to your home. may qualify under the new Housing Recovery Act that takes place 10/1....where the gov't is encouraging lenders to renegotiate mortgages and help keep homeowners in their home. Call me Monday and I will explain....925-824-4877...or look up this new legislation online.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Foreclosure in La Mirada Zip Codes