Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

La Crosse : Real Estate Advice

  • All19
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 6
Tue Jul 1, 2014
Ray Wrobel answered:
Not a problem. There are a lot of nice homes priced to sell. I would recommend contacting me and I can start searching for you right away. I don't currently have any rental homes, sorry about that. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 13, 2014
Joseph Roraff answered:
Hi Terri,
I know of a few investors. I will check if they would be interested. I would also recommend maybe putting a cragslist ad out there. That usually attracts some investors.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 11, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
NOTHING, you have to meet local loan officers, make a raport with them. If you refer buyers to them, they usually refer buyers who contact them direct to you. There is no short cut.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 10, 2011
James Wehner answered:
You may qualify for FHA financing (3.5% minimum down payment) and if some family member can gift you the down payment, you may be on your way. Ask the seller to contribute towards your closing costs to reduce the out of pocket expenses.

You could consider having a co-signer on the loan if you are comfortable and confident that the other person will hold up their end of the deal.

Best of luck!
... more
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 10, 2012
Joan Shorter answered:
Generally if you can find someone to get in contact with, unfortunately nothing will be done. Once bank has it in their inventory to process, they will send a preservation team out to check condition of property, then they will post a notice that has an emergency # to call.

I know that is not good news. The only other option I can offer is to contact your local code enforcement office - they often have ways to contact banks about property condition in violation of ordinances.

Best of luck!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 24, 2009
Gregory Cook answered:
If it's a rural property, chances are a survey has been done or will be done before closing. If it's more urban, your title company can get you information that is recorded and public record.
In many states a new survey is part of the normal closing process. Check with a local Realtor.
Good luck!
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
La Crosse Zip Codes