Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in Knoxville : Real Estate Advice

  • All492
  • Local Info34
  • Home Buying157
  • Home Selling34
  • Market Conditions21

Activity 8
Thu Feb 28, 2013
Catrina Foster answered:
Contact Debbie Windisch at 865-243-9777. She is with Mortgage Investors Group in Knoxville, TN or Lorie Jaynes with Pinnacle Financial Partners at 423-736-3811 also in Knoxville, TN.

If you are looking for a Realtor with knowledge of the VA process, I would be honored to assist you.

Feel free to call me directly at 865-414-9901.

Best Regards,
Catrina Foster
Keller Williams Realty
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 15, 2012
Caroline Holt answered:
Ms. Burket,

I'm sorry to hear of your husband's passing. I hope
you are finding solace in happy memories.

There may be some programs available to you, and it is certainly worth investigating your options. The best way to determine your eligilbility would be to contact a lending institution. Robin Sands of Monarch Mortgage is a wonderful resource, and can help guide you through the sometimes complicated world of home loans. She may be reached at (865) 384-8147.

Please let me know if I may provide assistance in helping you find a home, or if I may answer any questions along the way. I also specialize in estate-related properties, and would be happy to answer any Probate-related questions, should the need arise.

With warm regards,

Caroline Holt, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Wallace & Wallace
(865) 323-1836
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 25, 2011
Patrick Thies answered:
Yes. They are also going to want pay stubs, tax returns, and drivers license. Make sure you know who you are giving this info to. Becareful about doing it on line. If you are providing it over the internet, make sure that you have already spoken to a lender and are doing it over a secure conection. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 11, 2010
Tammy J Smith answered:
The lender can most definately ask for this information. They do this to keep people who are upside down in their own mortgage and to ensure that they aren't going through family and friends in order to obtain a new home mortgage. Simply put that just means that they are making sure the public isn't pulling a fast one on them. One home buyer finding another to get a loan for them so they can walk away from the first loan and still have a home they are buying. Unfortunitly not everyone is honest.
Again I say "He who has the money makes the rules." Have a blessed day.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 21, 2013
Terri Lawson answered:
Fri Apr 16, 2010
Megsie88 answered:
Hey Becky,
I know you said you are aware of the SunTrust physician loan, but I just wanted to tell you from experience, that it was the best one we found when my hubby was starting his residency at UT 4 years ago. The process was really easy, and the rates were lower than any of the other conventional loan numbers given to us by other banks, mortgage brokers, etc. We've had great service from them, and I would highly, highly recommend giving them a serious look. It's been so long ago, that I can't remember specifics about other Dr. home loan products, but I do know that we researched the HECK out of it before we ultimately went with Suntrust. Our contact with the local branch was Kimberly Lawson--if she's still around, I would recommend her--super nice, and just made everything so easy! Hope this helps...I know it's not really an answer to your question, but just wanted to let you know of our great experience with Suntrust's mortgage process.
Good luck!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Dec 28, 2008
Stephen Slotnick answered:
Yes! You may rent out up to 3 units of a 4 family property, so long as you occupy one of those units. The truth is, I believe, that the government doesn't require to to live in the property for the life of the loan. If your intent at the time of financing is to occupy the property, that doesn't prevent you from one day holding on to that property as a rental property (keeping the orignal FHA loan on it), and then purchasing another property. The only restriction may be on the purchase of a new property. You may not (unless under specific relocation and equity restrictions) purchase the new home with an FHA loan, if there is already one outstanding on your current property. ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 17, 2008
Doug Capps answered:
Unless this money is coming from a job, then you will need to provide proof of continuation for minimum 3 years. Depending on your credit, you may have some additional options. If you would like, give me a call at (901) 412-9590 and we can go over your options. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Search Advice