Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Kansas City : Real Estate Advice

  • All96
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying31
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 54
Fri Feb 10, 2012
Paul Holland answered:
You should be eligible for an FHA loan after 3 years and a conventional after 2yrs. Based on that I think you'd probably be eligible now. Contact for a more detailed answer and to get set up on an automated home match system if you'd like.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed May 2, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
Knowing the Forms and how to use them is one of the reasons for using a Realtor:
There will a lot of other forms you will need before you are through.
You have made your decision.

Good luck and may God bless ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 12, 2012
Ed Salinas answered:
It's really easy you just need to get in contact with me, Ed Salinas the realtor that is helping a bunch of people on this easy financial market.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 27, 2011
Laura Feghali answered:
Hello Mr. Grant,
I suggest that you consult an attorney as to what can be done. He may possibly contact the lender in your behalf to determine if you might be eligible to purchase the home. It doesn't seem likely but you never know unless you try!

Good luck!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 12, 2011
Ron Thomas answered:
After it has been RECORDED, which normally takes about 30 days, your Realtor can look it up for you.

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 17, 2011
Jesse Cummins asked:
i would like to own this house but would need to rent to own if that is available on this house
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 11, 2011
Abu Musa answered:
You may visit my web site Click neighborhood scroll down to the page under further reading click homefacts.. Thank you. -
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 15, 2011
Ron Thomas answered:
Termite inspection on what, Common areas, or your house?

You may have to read your CCR's to discover.

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 16, 2011
Maria Morton answered:
Call Susan Lopez - she speaks Spanish.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jun 25, 2015
Laura Chaney answered:
Steve Anderson with Private Money may be able to help.
Where are your properties?
785 865 5000
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 11, 2011
Kathy Weber answered:

Many homes are listed low to stimulate activity, or at the "net" price a lender or investor is looking to get out of the property.

Bottomline is that whatever the price the property sells for, has to be within "market" value or it won't appraise. Cash is the exception to most rules though.

If you're looking to purchase a home in a particular area, it may be best to have a local realtor give you comp's for that market. That way if you're cruising the internet you'll be able to tell if it's too good to be true!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 3, 2011
Justin Ruzicka answered:
anything is legal, but remember the lenders are some of the largest companies in America. how easy is it to talk to your boss's, boss? If you are in a mid to large firm somewhat difficult. Besides that, the bank has a process to sell real estate, that is, when they choose fit they put them on the market. I don't mean to be rude, I just want you to know you will be wasting time trying to contact the lender.

... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 9, 2010
Angela Shopper answered:
Fri Aug 13, 2010
Barry Shapiro answered:
You can really only borrow up to what the property will appraise at. The days of cash back at closing pretty much went the way of sub-prime Option-ARM mortgages. If you are approved at $75K and only purchase at $58K, your payment will be significantly lower and so you may be able to 'pocket' some cash every month, to build up your reserves. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 21, 2011
Frank Ruzicka answered:

I haven't seen your contract so I can't speak specifically but generally bank foreclosures are "as is" transactions. If the property is in need of a termite treatment the buyer would normally be responsible. In some rare instances (VA loans) the buyer (veteran) is not allowed to pay for the treatment. At that point you have a stand off which would require some creative work on the part of the agents involved. I hope that helps.

Frank Ruzicka
Licensed Mortgage Originator
Cornerstone Mortgage Inc.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 20, 2010
Jeremy Higginson answered:
If you are willing to go out of state and have the ability to pay cash I have heard of a lot of investors from here in Utah are looking in Indianapolis buying duplexes for under $20,000. I would recommend finding a good agent there. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 17, 2010
Marsha answered:
The Buyer would need to contact a Lender to get a preapproval for a Mortgage. A Realtor can do a Comparative Market Analysis to determine what the Market value would be for the property. Adjustments would be made for the condition of the home. Though you want to sell the home, the tenant may or may not be qualifed to purchase through traditional financing. If that is the case 1. You could list the property for sale, with a tenent already leasing. an investor may be interesed in purchasing, and continuing the lease with the current renter. 2. You could lease with the Option to Purchase, so Renter would have time to apply for a mortage and be qualified. 3. You could Owner finance the person, so they would make the house payments direcly to you.
The Renter may or may not qualify to make the purchase. You would need to decide if you want to sell the home, and prepare to do so,

M. Sandberg
Shawnee Mission, Ks. 66219
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 11, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Since you didn't have an agent, you may to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate--see exactly what options you may have.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 7, 2010
Dfrog asked:
loan now is adj. currently at 30 yrs.amort. at 3.67% It adjusts each yr. against LIBOR yr. 2.75% LIBOR. Option to reduce principle and have it reflected in payment amount. IL belie...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 23, 2014
Roswell Moore, answered:
Well, you can always get a home by buying it with cash.

If that doesn't work for you, there are other creative methods. Are you looking for a home to live in (a primary residence) or as an investment or 2nd home? ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice