Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Kansas : Real Estate Advice

  • All56
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying28
  • Home Selling11
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 746
Sat Nov 17, 2012
LeAnna Beat answered:
There are several ways to find out about crime in a neighborhood. Go to, which is the Wichita Eagle newspaper website. Go to the "news" tab, then "Crime & Courts" tab. On that site, you can search the Wichita Crime Stats. You can also check out the website for the Wichita Police Department: or Sedgwick County Sheriff's Office: or Kansas Bureau of Investigations:

On the police department site, it will show the names and photos of the neighborhood police officers assigned to each area. You can contact the officer to find out more information.

You will also want to check out the KBI site for the offenders registry: Search the Kansas Bureau of Investigation's Offender Registry at

Driving through the neighborhood you are interested in purchasing, will also give you an idea of the activity. Pick different times of the day and different days of the week, to cruise through.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 11, 2012
Angela Shopper Home Sold Guaranteed! answered:
yes! one bank here locally will do it for you - there are some stipulations on qualifying the house and making sure it does not need repairs. You will also have to take a first time buyer class.

When would you like to meet? I am available this afternoon.


my office is not too far from KCK and I have several homes in mind that I think would qualify depending on your price range.

do you want to call me or give me your number so we can make arrangements to meet?
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Sep 17, 2012
Kim Glass answered:
Hi Sparshall23,

You should check out Trulia's Local Info on Parkville. When on the Overview tab you can look at the heat map to find stats on Crime, Commute, Schools and Local Amenities. You can zoom in as far as cross streets to get the most relevant info as possible.

Follow this link and select the appropriate category on the heat map to view local stats:

Hope that helps!
-Kim, Community Manager
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 11, 2012
Edward Lewis answered:
Whoops questions by Edward Lewis was posted by his wife didn't realize it was in his name.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 10, 2012
Landon and Thani Burke answered:
Maybe, if you had a Ford Super Duty Texas Edition...
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Sep 29, 2012
Paul Rosales answered:
Depends on which house it is. Hard to say without know which house you are talking about.
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 17, 2012
Alison Hillman answered:
Hi there-


That's a good question! You should work directly with an agent who can help you learn more about that specific property. To find an agent who can find out about the bank, just click on the yellow button on the property's listing and you will be able to start a dialogue.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can help with anything else. I am happy to be a resource for you. Good luck with the search!

Ali, Trulia Voices Community Manager
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Sep 5, 2012
Darren Abram answered:
Not having a job may present a challenge. The best bet would be to consult a mortgage professional first. Underwriting requirements have tightened and not having a job to go to may mean that you have to wait on finding employment. It may come down to how much money you have in reserves. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 2, 2012
Tim Moore answered:
If you buy a house with a general warranty deed you have the mineral rights, special warranty deeds and other types exclude, or can exclude, some things that are included in the general warranty deed. BTW, I doubt your house has many mineral rights, but your land certainly can. Consult your lawyer. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 10, 2015
Summer McClure (Hamil) answered:
No, Im sorry its currently under contract. There is a wide variety of other homes for sale in the area that are similar. Please let me know if I can give you a tour of all your choices. 785-341-7205 ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 23, 2012
Angela Shopper Home Sold Guaranteed! answered:
You can search for owners of homes in Wyandotte county on the website: ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Aug 24, 2012
Tamren Sturges answered:
2508 Galloway

I am a realtor with Hallmark in homes here in Manhattan. Please give me a call at 785-477-0187 and we can discuss your options.


0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 20, 2012
Robert Ernst answered:
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by conventional but states that have home inspector licensing usually have a set of guidelines that are a minimum requirement for an inspector. If your state doesn't have that find a Home Inpector that belongs to an association like InterNachi and they will have standards of practices that the inspector should follow. InterNachi has theirs posted on the website. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Aug 28, 2012
Shauna Viele answered:
Transit doesn't run in this neighborhood, it is too far from downtown. Transit is strictly downtown area. Far cry from what most cities offer.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri May 3, 2013
matthewloves89 answered:
Hopefully you have found your answer, There have been a lot of traffic tickets that people need to pay for and this is probably one of the best options out there.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 17, 2013
David Sweany answered:
Generally speaking, a lease to own or purchase contract will require a down payment with the contract. Make sure you read or have a legal representative review the contract with you. Each contract can be different, some give you so many months before you go to a lender and complete the sale. Also, check out the "termination" clause, if you chose not to complete the contract, do you lose your down payment?

If you have a decent credit score and are struggling with the down, you might check out an FHA backed loan - the down on those loans are 3.5% of purchase, however you will have to pay for mortgage insurance with that level of down payment.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 13, 2012
Imogen asked:
Football jerseys typically are made of 100 percent nylon or polyester mesh, and their numbers and logos are affixed using one of two methods: single-stitch tackle twill or silk screen p...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
... 4 5 6 7 8 ...
Search Advice