Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Joshua Tree : Real Estate Advice

  • All35
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying15
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 18
Mon Mar 18, 2013
Jose Ixmay answered:
Good Afternoon Linda. Rents are usually fixed according to the park's fee schedule and length of tenancy. However it does not hurt to ask. I would encourage you to ask and see what terms are available. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 3, 2014
Julia Clement Genatossio answered:
The tank used can range from about $1500.00 to $3000.00 for a large 6 000 gallon tank. You can pay less for smaller tanks but water is delivered with 2000 gallon minimums. Also, the cost of a pump is around $400.00 and the installment around $300.-500.00.
The cost of water I forget, I think I recall it being about $80.00 per 2000 gallons.
If anyone has different info please post. This is from my asking around. I just bought a property with no water, no water tank, no pump...
The other issue, how much does it cost to bring gas up from the pipeline that runs just 300 feet from this house, and many of the lots of land that are for sale in this area.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Marina Solo answered:
Wed Jan 16, 2013
Wayne Stamm answered:
There could be different answers to your question depending upon whether the tenants have a valid lease or rental agreement in place. Most rental / lease agreements have provisions allowing the owners access to the property with proper notice, ususally at least 24 hours notice for maintenance or showing. Is the current owner a private party or a bank or lender ? The tenants in California have more rights than their landlords in many cases and there is a process of giving notice to the tenants, i.e. a 3 day notice to pay rent and or quit, followed by an eviction process if the tenants do not pay or make arrangements with the owner. Depending upon the owner and their intentions the eviction process could take some time and cost $800 or more if contested. Are you buying the property to use as a rental or to live in ? Are you represented by a Realtor in the transaction ? Members of the Calif. Assn. of Realtors have access to legal advice thru the Association when questions like these arise. These comments are not intended to be legal advice but rather observations to assist you. Wayne Stamm, West Coast Realty & Assoc. (760) 887-3997 ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jan 14, 2013
Devona Garrigus answered:
Is this water tank for a residential home? Or for another type of use?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Don Tepper answered:
You can't use a hard money lender for a personal residence. A hard money lender lends on the equity in the property (actually, the spread between the cost of the property and its market value). Also, hard money lenders are for short-term only.

How can you borrow $5,000 for a house? Friends, relatives. Or do an online search for "peer-to-peer lending."

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 23, 2012
This question was asked from this property:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 6, 2013
Brant Ensworth answered:
The best thing you can do is contact an Agent that has sold land in that area recently. I did a search on the MLS and found 17 lots sold in past 6 months and most of them sold by one Agent. Her name is Sharon Rose and here number is 760-365-7405. I would call her and I am sure she would be glad to give you a free evaluation.

Brant Ensworth - Realtor
New Millennium Realty
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 21, 2012
annette6447 asked:
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Wendy Cohen answered:
The rental market in Joshua Tree is mostly dependent on the military base in 29 Palms. Right now, military families aren't moving to the area, so the market for housing at $800 and up is slow. It is relatively easy to rent a 2-3 bedroom house for $650 or less to locals, regardless of the time of year. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 12, 2010
Joanna Morris answered:
I am going to assume the management company put you in the house and took your deposit. They should be able to give you back your deposit if you choose to move.

The foreclosure will affect you when you receive a notice telling you to vacate unless you choose to leave sooner. ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 16, 2013
Trevolyn Haines answered:
Hello Woodyc,
Very often the list price on these homes has very little to do with what the home will actually sell for.
Because there is no guarantee that the bank(s) that have liens on a property will cooperate to allow a sale and it can take many months for them to decide to even say 'no' the listing agent has to entice buyers to look at such properties and offering prices lower than the comps to get them noticed is usually the way they do it.
Part of the short sale process is that the banks involved (lien holders) will get BPOs (Broker Price Opinions) so they will be aware of the properties value. They will accept offers lower than market rate but it has to make sense for them. If they will make as much or more foreclosing they won't accept your offer.
If you do find a property that you are interested in that is a short sale/pre-foreclosure have your agent run the comps to determine a fair price, especially if it is in good condition and in a desirable area; even if that price is higher than the list you will have a realistic chance of getting an approval.
Have a great day!
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 26, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
You may wish to ask your question again and provide a link or an address so that your question can be answered accordingly--in the meantime any local agent can help you--contact any realty office(s) and inquire or contact any local Trulia contributor(s) directly and ask. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 19, 2009
Michael Hammond answered:
If you have last year's tax records or mortgage statement, you may find it there. Or if you have a friend who is a Realtor, you can ask them to do it as a favor. If not, go to your county (or parish) seat and look it up in the property tax records. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Nov 7, 2009
Emily Erekuff answered:
Hi Dj,

If you are looking for an agent, the link below may be helpful. It shows our Member Search results for real estate professionals in and around the Joshua Tree area.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Community Moderator
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jul 26, 2008
Jeff and Ginny Mitchell answered:
The bank cannot rent directly to you until they actually own the home. Until the foreclosure process is completed, only the current owner can make that decision. However, be cautious because the bank is not likely to want to continue renting to you. They are much more likely to want to sell the home. However, if the current owner has a Realtor who is working for a short sale on the property before the bank initiates foreclosure proceedings, it is possible that that Realtor can try to work out an agreement that allows you to continue renting until the home is sold. Are you interested in buying the home? If so, make an offer to purchase through your Realtor now. You might be able to purchase the home for less than the current owner paid for the property and maybe less than the current mortgage. Only the seller's Realtor (if the owner has given permission) and the seller are authorized to speak with the bank representatives, however, so go through these contacts with your offer for rental and/or purchase. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Irina Netchaev answered:
Which area? Let me know... I might be able to pull it for you.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Joshua Tree Zip Codes