Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Irondequoit : Real Estate Advice

  • All18
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 3
Sat Dec 1, 2012
Brad Newton answered:
Jonathan, Thanks for the question. As a first time home buyer there can be several grants you may be able to obtain. Most are income qualifying and require you to purchase either in certain areas and certain homes. Everything depends on your financial circumstances and past borrowing history. If you are a veteran, there may also be other forms of assistance and some with no down payments needed. You would need to talk to a trusted loan professional and give him/her your information. Some areas may have USDA assistance where you come to the closing table with less money. Lastly if you do not have 20% to put down then you would being using an FHA loan which allows you to only put down 3.5% of the purchase price plus be able to ask the seller to pay seller concessions up to 6% of the purchase price. Without knowing your specifics that is all the information I can give you.
I would be glad to recommend local loan professionals to get you pre-approved, which will give you a better idea financially where you stand, or speak to you further about the home buying process.
Feel free to contact me today and I will be glad to answer any questions you may have. Call/txt me at 585-236-7780 or email me at or

Have a Great Day,

Brad Newton
Certified Buyers Representative®
Seniors Real Estate Specialist®
RE/MAX Custom
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Nov 16, 2012
Brad Newton answered:
Joann, the taxes vary by town etc. If you are working with an agent he/she can give you all this information freely. A professional will save you a lot of time and money in your search. As for specific taxes, its based upon price, lot size, improvements, SF etc. If you move to other areas of rochester you may find a price range and taxes that meet your needs. I would be glad to answer any other real estate questions you have or assist you with looking for homes within your specific criteria. For further questions feel free to call/txt me at 585-236-7780, or email me at

Brad Newton
RE/MAX Custom
Certified Buyer Agent
Seniors Real Estate Specialist
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu May 31, 2012
Bill Eckler answered:

Unless there are unusual circumstances, one would have to believe that by being in touch with the city code enforcement office and pulling necessary permits anyone one would be able to improve their property.

A general contractor would be able to take care of this for you.

Good luck
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice