Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Inver Grove Heights : Real Estate Advice

  • All43
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying30
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 13
Sun Nov 11, 2012
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
Yes, if you are talking about being a real estate salesperson, you need a license in every state. More than likely you will also need some education. The link below should help you. If not, call a local real estate office and ask for their help. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 26, 2013
Cameron Piper answered:

I would recommend that you talk to any real estate agent that has REO listings. From there attempt to learn as much about the trash out assignment process as possible and work to make contacts with the people who do the assigning. If you find that the agents are the ones in that area that make the decisions, work to build relationships with them. If the Asset Management companies are assigning the work, then work to build relationships with asset managers at the companies who are doing a lot of work in your area. Good Luck!!

Cameron Piper
Coldwell Banker Burnet
licensed MN Real Estate Broker
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 23, 2012
ptsservices1978 asked:
About PTS Services
PTS Services is your property maintenance experts for hire. We will solve all your problems in a timely and professional manner. We are experienced and knowledgeable ...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 14, 2013
mushkaj answered:
You start by googling national property preservation companies that service that area. You can apply to be a vendor for them and then they will give you jobs.
You will need certain property preservation and clean out supplies once you do get jobs. PP materials carries a large selection for a great price. I would recommend checking them out. Good Luck. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue May 22, 2012
Brian Hurt answered:
Hi CJ,

I would be happy in helping you with any questions you may have. If there is certain information you are looking for, let me know and I will answer it as best I can.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 7, 2011
Cameron Piper answered:

Start calling some banks and ask to speak with their loss mitigation departments. I would focus on small local banks and work on building relationships with a select few asset managers and see if you can't get some business that way. Most real estate agents with REO contracts are unwilling to burden their asset managers with additional phone calls so they are very reluctant to give out their phone numbers. Good Luck!!

Cameron Piper
licensed MN Broker
Coldwell Banker Burnet
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 24, 2017
Kent Gagon answered:
Olra, many banks already have what they call property preservation in place, your best bet would be to market to agents that have foreclosure listings and see if they need anyone to do clean outs. As for a license needed, I am not familiar with licensing laws in your state. Depending on what you want to do you may need certain types of licensing. Good luck
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 18, 2010
Dallas Texas answered:

Most lender require:

620 + credit score
2 years of solid work history
Debt / income ratio in balance
3.5% or more down payment

Few of major areas

Contact a mortgage broker review your options

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue May 22, 2012
Bill Eckler answered:

Generally, you are paid for your services after you have completed the job. You would be responsible for providing your own cleaning supplies and the cost for the removal of trash. These expenses should be figured into your estimate for doing the clean out and approved by the owner prior to doing the work. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 1, 2009
Cameron Piper answered:

In MN you could (where the question was posted) but I can't say what can be done in Indiana. You may want to repost this question in Indiana so that some agents there can hop in and give you some better advice.

Cameron Piper
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 6, 2017
Patti Ann Kasper answered:
Dan, there are sometimes large costs involved here that you might want to check out first.

What you call "cleaning" is called "Trash-Out" by REALTORS, so you might want to google that term and the word Minnesota and see what you find.

My husband was considering doing this too, but he decided against it because of the possibility of handling hazardous materials and the costs involved.

To be best of my knowledge, you do not have to be licensed to pick up "normal" garbage, but then what do you do with it? You DO have to be licensed to do certain kinds of Trash Hauling and Disposal. In other words, once you clean out the house, how you handle the trash is critical? That can be VERY costly and require multiple licenses.

Another consideration is what kind of trash is it? If you have chemicals, batteries, used oil, flourscent light bulbs, paint, electronics equipment, etc. these are considered hazardous and need special handling. Hazmat handling gets expensive fast.

You will need to be insured and bonded, or most REALTORS will not want to work with you.

Minor repairs may be needed, but are not generally considered to be part of a "trash out".

You might consider working for a trash-out company for a while to learn the ropes and see if you even like doing it. Maybe check out someone like JJO Enterprises in Andover.

Starting a new business is a big risk. Please check with the Minnesota Secretary of State office to find out more about hazmat disposal and handling, trash hauling, and trash disposal licenses and fees.
... more
0 votes 56 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 13, 2010
Jennifer Kirby answered:
Jennifer -

There are many homes listed for sale that are real estate owned by banks in the multiple listing system. For the most part, this is the first place a bank puts them, and sometimes the only advertising done. If you have an area you are specifically looking in, like Inver Grove Heights, let me know and I will send you a list of current REOs available. ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Foreclosure in Inver Grove Heights Zip Codes